Unai Emery

PeterSw

"The supporters are very important for us - they are the heart of Aston Villa," he said. "They are keeping the history, the supporters. We are involved, the players, owners, coaches, workers. But the supporters too. With their families for a long time they are keeping it and they are important.

"We are increasing and playing another level, we are excited and motivated. I can understand [why] they are not comfortable with increased prices, but hopefully it will be worth it at the end of the season because we have this level and we are keeping it."

"I am aware [of the protests] and I will try tomorrow to focus with our commitment with our supporters," Emery said. "Hopefully they will support us like they have done and hopefully we can connect with them.

"I respect them [the fans] and that they are not agreeing with the situation but we are increasing our level, playing Champions League and more matches. I know the supporters will support us still. I understand if they protest, but hopefully at the season, it'll be worth it. The effort they are doing, I know it and I respect it."

• Like 2

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If Chris Heck wants to raise £15m he'll probably be able to sell about 50,000 Unai handshakes at £300 a pop.

I think I would pay that 😊, just to be able to thank him personally for what he has done for our club.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I was at the game in the upper Holte, did Emery get booked?, and what for? Too far away to see, even wearing my glasses!

He definitely got booked, not sure what it was for though 

• Thanks 1

I don't really think I understood what having an elite coach meant. I mean I could spot a crap coach like Bruce. But just didn't know how much difference it would be from say having a Eddie Howe compared to the Sultan.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hiney said:

He definitely got booked, not sure what it was for though 

He went absolutely ape 💩at one of our players. Like apoplectic with rage. Not sure who it was. Then the ref came over and booked him. Think you are not allowed to talk to the kids like that. 

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He went absolutely ape 💩at one of our players. Like apoplectic with rage. Not sure who it was. Then the ref came over and booked him. Think you are not allowed to talk to the kids like that. 

I think it was Rogers who lost the ball

Just now, Zatman said:

I think it was Rogers who lost the ball

I thought it was Barkley 😂. He was absolutely losing his mind though. I didn’t know you could get booked for yelling at your players so though there must be more to it, I wondered if he’d come out of his technical area.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I thought it was Barkley 😂. He was absolutely losing his mind though. I didn’t know you could get booked for yelling at your players so though there must be more to it, I wondered if he’d come out of his technical area.

I think he was out of the technical area for too long. Was right next to the pitch

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Mentioned in another thread but I also thought it was barkley. No idea what he did wrong but this is the mad perfectionist we have. 

I can’t quite believe we are now one of those teams who can win games despite not playing our best. This sort of sorcery always used to be reserved for other clubs, Utd under Fergie or Arsenal with Wenger. We were always the team who crumbled and collapsed going 2-0 down or conceded an equaliser and played for a point. What a turnaround with Unai Emery at the helm, exciting times when you consider the potential of our younger players and the improvement that will come from our defence. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â