Unai Emery

PeterSw

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I didn't even know Unai swore. Lol 

You think a guy who celebrates goals like he does just goes in and yells “Mother fudger dagnabbit you sons of biscuits are making me lose my sh……tuff”?

• Haha 2

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How Does Unai Emery Ensure Aston Villa Remain Successful This Season?

Article in Sporting Life yesterday about our esteemed team and managerial magician.

Since his arrival, the only teams to collect more points are Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

The turnaround has been spectacular and is the blueprint for teams looking to break into the top-six powered by a maverick, meticulous manager. 

Famous for his record in cup competitions, Emery has won the Europa League four times and emphasised the importance of wanting to go far in the Champions League: "I don't want to play in the Champions League get there and not be competitive. We will be competitive."…:snip:

Edited by blandy
Extract added
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

”I want here players being hungry to improve, hungry to get another level higher, as a club and individual as well as a player and very good example is Emi Martinez.

Emi Martinez is a very good example for every message I can send another players about what we want now as a club and here as a mentality.

Anyone else remember when Emery first came to the club and there was a whole narrative about how he didn't like Emi from his time at Arsenal and was going to move him on.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Anyone else remember when Emery first came to the club and there was a whole narrative about how he didn't like Emi from his time at Arsenal and was going to move him on.

😂 yeah, complete BS. Emi revealed that Unai wanted him at Villareal, during the recent Q&A when he announced his new deal.

• Like 2

Just thought... Thank God this man rejected Newcastle. We are a bigger club, and I don't think they would have loved him in the way that we do because, to be honest, at times they come off as a bit entitled! Apparently Unai said that they lack a clear vision which is why he turned them down? I wonder what he meant by that & what he saw or didn't see behind the scenes there in order for him to think such a thing?

I don't really care, in the end he is here and he's here to stay!

• Like 2

On 24/08/2024 at 16:14, HeroesAndVillans said:

Just thought... Thank God this man rejected Newcastle. We are a bigger club, and I don't think they would have loved him in the way that we do because, to be honest, at times they come off as a bit entitled! Apparently Unai said that they lack a clear vision which is why he turned them down? I wonder what he meant by that & what he saw or didn't see behind the scenes there in order for him to think such a thing?

I don't really care, in the end he is here and he's here to stay!

The timing is important also. When Newcastle approached him he had just qualified Villarreal for the Champions League for the first time. He was probably pretty keen to give that a crack. 

A year later he had probably achieved all that was possible for Villarreal and was ready for a new challenge. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UnaiTheVillan84 said:

Less than 24 hours after our game Unai was in Barcelona to watch Real Union’s first game of the season. I adore this man, but hope he gets some sleep at some point in the week 😅

https://x.com/david_amaya002/status/1827767822740861228?s=46

Mixing work with pleasure? Guess he's also seeing family in the area.

• Like 1

On 29/08/2024 at 23:29, HeroesAndVillans said:

I don't go that way but he is a seriously handsome bugger lol... 😍

Turning my football club back into a powerhouse certainly helps! In awe of him every day.

That's some fantastic "Irony," my friend. 😉

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â