Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Be careful what you wish for"...

...Is the media cartel's catchphrase to keep their mates in a job. We are Aston Villa Football Club, the pride of England. The founding fathers.

We deserved better, we wished for it and we got it. Unai Emery's revolution is only just getting started. Second season Emery they said? Five years of Arteta, no PL title. Arsenal fans should have been careful what they wished for, eh? We are becoming a force once again and anybody who tries to stand in our way will get brushed aside. This is my club and I am damn proud and happy to be enjoying it with all of you! Thank you Unai, Monchi, the players, everyone.

• Like 3

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Absolute legend! If this man doesn’t win several trophies in his time at Villa, there’s something seriously wrong. 

I believe he will win a domestic trophy or two first (League Cup this year?) and then a European honour.

If Pep leaves Man City, as I said earlier, he could even take us to a domestic title.

6 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

I believe he will win a domestic trophy or two first (League Cup this year?) and then a European honour.

If Pep leaves Man City, as I said earlier, he could even take us to a domestic title.

He’s certainly capable of that, it’s just the PSR nonsense that will hold him and us back. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He’s certainly capable of that, it’s just the PSR nonsense that will hold him and us back. 

Ah yes true. If we can just become a regular top 4 side and win some trophies, that'll already be the greatest AVFC era I am ever likely to see, but I know the man's got ambitions far beyond that.

• Like 2

It's a great time to be a Villan, and equally great for none other than Unai Emery. What a wonderful project and platform for him to go to work, and reunite this club with potential and perhaps some glory.

Love it.

Just now, Jas10 said:

One of the many things I love about him…

He just gets on with it.

No time at all for the silly or irrelevant stuff.

He's absolutely obsessed. It's his single focus. A bit like Bielsa but better, and he doesn't have a silly bucket.

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's absolutely obsessed. It's his single focus. A bit like Bielsa but better, and he doesn't have a silly bucket.

Class and dignity far beyond the rest… amazing. What a guy.

Major puff piece on BBC sport for Arne Slot - who showed his 'ruthless side' to make a sub at half time because pool had had 'no shots on target'. Headlined as breathtaking football, against Ipswich.

Now I'm sure they'll get to don Unai, but it does feel as though he and Villa are once again being underestimated by the commentariat. You could see the layers of coaching installed in the players from last season and also impressively in most of the new boys, as a team some lazy folks said would need time to gel. I can't remember starting a season where the optimism is reinforced rather than snuffed out. Thanks boss!

43 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Major puff piece on BBC sport for Arne Slot - who showed his 'ruthless side' to make a sub at half time because pool had had 'no shots on target'. Headlined as breathtaking football, against Ipswich.

Now I'm sure they'll get to don Unai, but it does feel as though he and Villa are once again being underestimated by the commentariat. You could see the layers of coaching installed in the players from last season and also impressively in most of the new boys, as a team some lazy folks said would need time to gel. I can't remember starting a season where the optimism is reinforced rather than snuffed out. Thanks boss!

Unfortunately that's the.media for you....BBC...and Sky especially.

Certain clubs will always be media darlings even if there is no news. Just looks at Sky and their transfer show as a prime example....so let's talk X...nothing going on...tem.minutes later...right let's talk Y who have signed 4 players...2 minutes later....after the break....its back to X.

There are 16 other clubs in the league but we never hear.much about them. Part of me hates it but then we can on under the radar doing our thing.

People who know football know how good we are and how we are doing and the likewise the other clubs...leave sky and the BBC to wet themselves over the other big teams...even then with all the practice it's just waffle 

Utv 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â