Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 hour ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Every football fan deserves to have a manager at least once in their life who completely changes how they look at the game.

I am very lucky to say that for me it has been Unai. We haven't seen the best of him yet, I hope that he is here for the rest of his career and I hope he wins every trophy going.

Agreed. When I saw that shitshow from England, with pickford hoofing it 60 yards, after seeing the ball travel sideways, sideways, sideways, back, with no risk-for-reward strategy, no in-game management and no chance for players to express themselves, it made me appreciate even more, the philosophy Unai has towards football. Just seeing a goal kick punted upfield looks weird to me now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every football fan deserves to have a manager at least once in their life who completely changes how they look at the game.

I am very lucky to say that for me it has been Unai. We haven't seen the best of him yet, I hope that he is here for the rest of his career and I hope he wins every trophy going.

So well put, I agree 100%

He’s been like randomly finding The One after a succession of middling to crap boyfriends 🥰

Love that he’s inspired you guys with your coaching too! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

It's true. 

I said that to some mates whilst watching England over summer.

Watching Unai's Villa is like "I don't know what you are doing making us so good but it's beautiful".

Watching Southgates England is like "why aren't you doing the bleeding obvious?"

He's made me remember why I love football in the first place, he's put the romance back into the game.

Before him we were so disrespected, used as a learning experience for "managers" like Gerrard and an easy payday for Alf Garnett word like Richards and "the other one". Unai has restored our status as a giant of the game and he will keep us there. He saw what we were and is combining it with what he wants us to be, and it is beautiful to watch.

Edited by HeroesAndVillans
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, UnaiTheVillan84 said:

He’s been like randomly finding The One after a succession of middling to crap boyfriends 

Gerrard to Unai is like bumping into the eventual love of your life on your way out of the divorce court!

• Haha 2

Excuse the absolute advert hell of a website it’s hosted on, but this interview (from just after he left PSG) hit me in the heart when I first read it.

"What am I missing? Making my masterpieces, real masterpieces. And making them my own." 

I truly hope we can be your masterpiece, Unai, I don’t doubt it for a second 💜

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/unai-emery-what-am-i-missing-making-my-masterpieces-real-masterpieces-and-making-them-my-own/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, UnaiTheVillan84 said:

"What am I missing? Making my masterpieces, real masterpieces. And making them my own." 

Had a bit of a bad day and this has hit me so hard in the best way possible, I am a bit teary eyed to be honest! That quote is beautiful. That is what he wants for us. I don't even know what to say but my immediate thought is that I want to get a poster of him done with that quote on it... Wow.

I really hope that when the day comes for him to leave, he leaves as our greatest ever manager. I cannot think of a club and manager more suited to each other. Let's make some masterpieces and lifelong memories, Unai!

• Like 1

He's made me remember why I love football in the first place, he's put the romance back into the game.

Before him we were so disrespected, used as a learning experience for "managers" like Gerrard and an easy payday for Alf Garnett word like Richards and "the other one". Unai has restored our status as a giant of the game and he will keep us there. He saw what we were and is combining it with what he wants us to be, and it is beautiful to watch.

1 hour ago, UnaiTheVillan84 said:

Excuse the absolute advert hell of a website it’s hosted on, but this interview (from just after he left PSG) hit me in the heart when I first read it.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/unai-emery-what-am-i-missing-making-my-masterpieces-real-masterpieces-and-making-them-my-own/

You guys are making me emotional… love him so much! What a blessing to our club.

• Sad 1

Had a bit of a bad day and this has hit me so hard in the best way possible, I am a bit teary eyed to be honest! That quote is beautiful. That is what he wants for us. I don't even know what to say but my immediate thought is that I want to get a poster of him done with that quote on it... Wow.

I really hope that when the day comes for him to leave, he leaves as our greatest ever manager. I cannot think of a club and manager more suited to each other. Let's make some masterpieces and lifelong memories, Unai!

Oh you guys…

spacer.png

Couldn’t agree more… he’s been more than a breath of fresh air ever since he arrived. Rescued and elevated us.

We’ve put up with way too much dross, unbefitting of our wonderful club, for way too long.

Now we are truly in the good times and… it’s kind of hard to believe or fully appreciate at times…

UTV!!!!! 🟣🔵

• Sad 1

You know what I love about him? More than his ability as a manager and a coach?

And also what I take pride in?

The man is a throughly genuine, humble and decent person. Dignity and class personified.

I’m proud to have someone like that representing and in charge of the football matters at our club.

He is an example.

In an age of egos, tantrums, pettiness, aggression, cheating, complaining, bad behaviour/conduct and whatever else… he stands apart. And is above all, if you ask me.

He’s the compete package, wouldn’t want anyone else, and we are BLOODY LUCKY and blessed to have him. May he remain with us for a loooooong time, achieve as much success as possible, enjoy and be happy all the while and be remembered oh so fondly afterwards (the end doesn’t bear thinking about, let’s enjoy and focus on him for as long as we have him).

Thank you Unai, thank you so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Rescued and elevated us.

And he's not done yet mate! We still have so much more to do with this man, I firmly believe we will win the league at some point under Emery which feels nuts to say.

3 hours ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

except for that shower of shite down the road

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

And he's not done yet mate! We still have so much more to do with this man, I firmly believe we will win the league at some point under Emery which feels nuts to say.

No he isn’t… not by a long shot! He did say that he was only at 10% of what he wanted to do here (can’t recall exactly when that was)… I wonder to what degree that percentage has increased now. A long way to go and his ambition (and that of NSWE) is not lacking, combined with realism and sense.

We want to compete for everything… his words at the end of season awards dinner - “there is no limit to our dreams”…

He’s brought us so much joy and inspiration already… much more to come.

I don’t doubt your words either… what he managed to do last season with a depleted squad hit hard by injuries (and rotten, rotten luck), fatigue and key suspensions was remarkable. If not for those factors… we would have pushed that top 2/3 hard and probably won the ECL trophy.

We are going to be stronger and more capable this time around….

Also, Unai has said he doesn’t want CL to be “anecdotal”. The challenge is to sustain it, to keep playing in it and stay in that top 4 and try n pick up a trophy (or more) as we go along… huge ambition and intent.

Can’t recall the exact words, but I think he went even further at the awards ceremony but that was after a few drinks 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Also, Unai has said he doesn’t want CL to be “anecdotal”. The challenge is to sustain it, to keep playing in it and stay in that top 4 and try n pick up a trophy (or more) as we go along… huge ambition and intent.

It will be so hard to replace one of the traditional top 4, but if anyone can do it our Unai can. Spurs' place is there for the taking. We did it last season so let's keep doing it.

I think we will win a domestic cup this season, everyone in power at the club will want to end the trophy drought and I bet the players are itching for it too. You reckon we'll win anything in 24/25 (other than the UCL)?

37 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The way he talks about Neymar… maybe explains why he is after a player like Felix.

I read the Neymar bit more as a negative, because Emery was saying that things at PSG were about Neymar who was basically running the show, and Emery feeling as though he had to sit back more instead of expressing himself. I don’t think Emery would want that again, necessarily. I’m also not sure that Felix is that sort of ‘showboat’ type of player… he has a level of arrogance about him, but I don’t think he is of the same level as Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar etc with their presence in the team and how expressive they are. 

Edited by Tayls

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I read the Neymar bit more as a negative, because Emery was saying that things at PSG were about Neymar who was basically running the show, and Emery feeling as though he had to sit back more instead of expressing himself. I don’t think Emery would want that again, necessarily. I’m also not sure that Felix is that sort of ‘showboat’ type of player… he has a level of arrogance about him, but I don’t think he is of the same level as Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar etc with their presence in the team and how expressive they are. 

Not how I took it… seemed to praise him highly. And there was mention of other top players/talents too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Great to read this after I have had so much abuse on social media for saying that Emery is far better than Postecoglou. Ange is a good manager but Unai is world class, levels above, and I'm afraid it is just factual. 

I don't really FEAR anyone for 24/25, it's just about who's going to be the biggest annoyances. We have a vision and I'd love to believe that we cannot be stopped. I know I shouldn't get carried away when it comes to Villa but the way the club is being run at the moment just forces me to believe.

The only competition for Unai is Pep… and only one of them has been spoiled with unlimited/vast riches and had everything his own way. Spoilt bald kid 😂

Unai’s experience and record is something to behold too… worked at a level and with players that many managers haven’t… certainly not Cholesterologlu!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â