Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pondering… I wonder if JJ will be utilised on the wing now… whether that’s at LM or LW… might become his primary position…

From what I can gather, Unai prioritises control and ball retention (thank God!) in midfield… even playing with two 6’s or more defensively minded players in the centre…

So… players that like to drive forward and attack are more likely to be placed out wide or, if Unai goes for a 4-2-3-1 for example, there is a no. 10 spot available - that would have to go to Buendia for me (his creativity and passing ability has not been displayed at its full potential/ability while he’s been with us, we really haven’t got a chance to see the best of him, he can be our creative fulcrum and force… amazing through ball ability and weight of pass) but he may also get to play on the right as he did for Norwich…

I just can’t see McGinn starting in CM… and I’m sure most of us don’t want that… not right now anyway. But maybe the manager can work with him and improve him (as I expect him to do for the majority of our players)… but I still don’t see him playing there… he’s more likely to be used in an attacking position…

I also wonder… if Coutinho can impress in training… that he may be best suited to playing off the CF… helping us become more of a goalscoring threat…

Bailey seems almost guaranteed to start out wide for us… but it’s hard to call at this moment…

Regardless… it’s a clean slate for all these players and they really have to step up. They’re in a fortunate position, getting to prove their worth to a top class manager… should be going all out to show what they can do… those that fail, won’t be here for much longer… and we’ll bring in better…

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Now I'm concerned.

Emery has put himself as striker in a 6-5-3-4-1 formation that sees Watkins, Coutinho and Beundia in our backline, Mings with the forwards and Dibu in our midfield.

That's never going to work.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I know we’ve been a bit starved of content but this thread is mental. Dean Smith was definitely a proper coach and even if Gerrard was hands off, he had enough staff taking training for him. They’ve not just been running laps for the last year.

Just think we might be in danger of getting a little overexcited…

Correct me if I'm wrong but Unai Emery is unbeaten as Aston Villa manager.

Not a lot of first team coaches out there can say that right now!

Edited by ccfcman

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Just pondering… I wonder if JJ will be utilised on the wing now… whether that’s at LM or LW… might become his primary position…

From what I can gather, Unai prioritises control and ball retention (thank God!) in midfield… even playing with two 6’s or more defensively minded players in the centre…

So… players that like to drive forward and attack are more likely to be placed out wide or, if Unai goes for a 4-2-3-1 for example, there is a no. 10 spot available - that would have to go to Buendia for me (his creativity and passing ability has not been displayed at its full potential/ability while he’s been with us, we really haven’t got a chance to see the best of him, he can be our creative fulcrum and force… amazing through ball ability and weight of pass) but he may also get to play on the right as he did for Norwich…

I just can’t see McGinn starting in CM… and I’m sure most of us don’t want that… not right now anyway. But maybe the manager can work with him and improve him (as I expect him to do for the majority of our players)… but I still don’t see him playing there… he’s more likely to be used in an attacking position…

I also wonder… if Coutinho can impress in training… that he may be best suited to playing off the CF… helping us become more of a goalscoring threat…

Bailey seems almost guaranteed to start out wide for us… but it’s hard to call at this moment…

Regardless… it’s a clean slate for all these players and they really have to step up. They’re in a fortunate position, getting to prove their worth to a top class manager… should be going all out to show what they can do… those that fail, won’t be here for much longer… and we’ll bring in better…

i wondered about Ramsey on the right also, he has played there a couple of times and for me looked decent, he is fairly fast, direct, can carry the ball and for me he has better control etc than Watkins who has played on the right recently.

Personally, for the AM 3, if we play 4231, with the players we have i would like to see Bailey (L), Buendia (10), then maybe Ramsey or Archer on the right.

I know Archer also isnt a right winger, but we dont have any rapid right wingers right now, and tbh i thought Archers ball control was better than Watkins when he came on as a sub, he's also no slouch.

Will be interesting to see what Emery does, i really hope he doesnt fall in to the trap of trying to wedge McGinn and Watkins in.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â