Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Bit of a prolific shagger, if the gossip forums my mom reads are to be believed anyway. As if I needed another reason to love the man

Too much information.😀

17 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Bit of a prolific shagger, if the gossip forums my mom reads are to be believed anyway. As if I needed another reason to love the man

Isn't he married?

15 hours ago, JPJCB said:

I think our model is different to Liverpool’s. They have an entire sporting infrastructure built around data that everyone - even the manager- has to defer to. Supposedly klopp wanted to sign Julian draxler but they overruled him to sign Salah.

I think we have much more key person risk as I think we’re building everything around Emery. As others have said, the hope is that he becomes like our Wenger/ferguson and builds our success over time. But as those clubs have shown, it’s difficult to adapt once the key man leaves 

Every club, is probably different, depending on the level of nuance.

It is rare for someone to be sure about everything, so I would imagine, Unai does listen to his staff too.....and in such cases, may relent and go with them, depending on how sure he is.

I think the modern game, lends itself to group decisions, as there is such a huge amount of data to process.

I would suspect, we too have a mammoth amount of data to consider, where Unai just makes the final decisions supported by influencers.

I would also suspect if and when Unai does leave, much of the infrastructure will remain in tact, and the new person, will work with it. They will most likely be appointed with that in mind.

Edited by TRO

14 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

I think he'll stay at the club in some higher up position when he's had enough of management. He'll be involved in appointing his successor. I really get the feeling his brief is to make Villa a real power in Europe and stick around for a long long time.

The whole V Sports structure and us bankrolling his Real Union suggests long term commitment from all parties and opportunities "above" Villa in the future.

We have to remember, he may want to return to his native land at some point, and his expertise, may be wanted at his families Club.

Who Knows?

10 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Isn't he married?

Who's going to tell the poor sod that his Mom is obviously a part of Unais swinging club?

" Body more sheets "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â