Unai Emery

PeterSw

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The only competition for Unai is Pep… and only one of them has been spoiled with unlimited/vast riches and had everything his own way. Spoilt bald kid 😂

Unai’s experience and record is something to behold too… worked at a level and with players that many managers haven’t… certainly not Cholesterologlu!!

Unai schooled Pep, Arteta and the rest last season... 

Loved seeing him get revenge against Arsenal, they ridiculed and mocked a world class manager. Bullied him out of a job and then actively hoped he'd fail with us.

Thanks for the manager, we love him! King Unai.

• Like 4

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Unai schooled Pep, Arteta and the rest last season... 

Loved seeing him get revenge against Arsenal, they ridiculed and mocked a world class manager. Bullied him out of a job and then actively hoped he'd fail with us.

Thanks for the manager, we love him! King Unai.

EXACTLY!

So happy for him, so satisfied, justified and deserved.

Ooh.. Arsenal are just a nasty bunch all round… they gave him such a hard time and the “good ebening” stuff was embarassing and ridiculous. Dumbasses, you barely manage to speak your own, single,  language yet mock a guy who speaks multiple ones fluently and has achieved vastly more in his life and career than you rabble ever have and ever will!!

God… I felt immense pride after watching us dominate Man City. We deserved many more goals than the single one we managed, via deflection too!

What an experience. And then to follow it up by beating Farteta’s gooners… and scoring possibly the team goal of the season… WOW!

Absolutely destroyed and thrashed teams like Brighton and West Ham too. Demolished Newcastle the season before with Moreno and JJ shining in our team… 2023 under Unai was incredible… Dougie 😢 

Some wonderful moments… so excited to experience many more. We could be a surprise package in CL too… especially with Unai in charge and his vast experience and nous. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

I think something that has helped is that we are a club where he's been able to come into and kick-start a revival in from the get go, which has rightfully earned him trust and control from our owners. He is able to build a setup around himself, and to be the main piece if you will, as opposed to just being in another cog in the system like he was at Arsenal.

He's been able to build his own philosophy, culture and ideas instead of having to adhere to an already set ethos. And it is working. You only have to look at what he has done at every other club where he had trust and control to see why we hired him.

No matter how good a manager is, you have to give him the best environment and tools to enable him to succeed. Emery's time at Arsenal, and to an extent PSG, seems reminiscent of Brian Clough at Leeds in a sense. Though I wasn't alive, it was seemingly another case of a great manager who preferred to build his own footballers and wider culture as opposed to handling preexisting ones.

I love how deeply this manager allows me to think, feel and express.

Mate, you’re gonna exhaust my likes limit every day with posts like this 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

…. And it is working. You only have to look at what he has done at every other club where he had trust and control to see why we hired him…. 

That’s one of the reasons I’m not worried about the amount of churn in the playing staff unsettling the team. It’s Unai’s choice to make all of these changes and he knows exactly what he’s doing 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

That’s one of the reasons I’m not worried about the amount of churn in the playing staff unsettling the team. It’s Unai’s choice to make all of these changes and he knows exactly what he’s doing 

Turnover in playing staff is completely naturall and it doesn't worry me at all either. As the literal head of our coaching department, it is the one area where Unai more than likely has absolute control. He will be looking to expand and upgrade the playing Staff all the time. As long as the key figures (Unai, Monchi etc) remain, then we will be fine.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2024 at 23:43, HeroesAndVillans said:

Emery's time at Arsenal, and to an extent PSG, seems reminiscent of Brian Clough at Leeds in a sense. Though I wasn't alive, it was seemingly another case of a great manager who preferred to build his own footballers and wider culture as opposed to handling preexisting ones.

I WAS alive at the time, living in Leeds, and that is a very astute comparison. 

In some ways, it was to Villa's advantage that - unlike Leeds and Arsenal in those examples - we were in a relative slump, rather than trying to follow periods of success and glory under much-loved managers. 

• Thanks 2

Thank goodness we have got this man. There’s a lot of things to unpick at the moment and if a lesser man were in charge, I would be a bit worried but Unai will make sure we are ready. Trust the King.

• Like 2

Is it 'normal' to not have had any conferences with Emery to talk about each of our new signings?

Not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing as I'm sure if it was normal procedure then it hasn't happened for a very good Emery reason.

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Is it 'normal' to not have had any conferences with Emery to talk about each of our new signings?

Not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing as I'm sure if it was normal procedure then it hasn't happened for a very good Emery reason.

What

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â