Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Unai, you finished Smith's dream of making Ollie the complete striker. And now England benefits from you both having that faith in him.

I'm sure they'll both be at the top of Ollie's list of people to speak to tonight,  after the fam of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He’ll obviously be routing for Spain on Sunday but with no players in their squad and 2 in England’s I imagine he’ll be prouder if England win given the role Ollie and Ezri have played in helping us get to the final, albeit mostly as substitutes, and how much they have both improved as players since he’s been our head coach. 

I also think his backroom staff were bitter about Spain not picking Pau Torres given Vidagany’s tweet shortly after the squad was announced - not that it’s done Spain any harm!

I believe Unai wants to challenge for the title. It has mostly been forgotten due to how the season ended but this team was in a title race for a long time. In addition, much is made of Unai's european success such that the league doesn't get a mention but I think being in the race for a time and wins over the teams who ended up challenging will have left a mark. 

• Like 2

I think it would have been very frustrating for Unai to see us near top of the league at Christmas and slowly run out of steam as the season went on.

Injuries, number of matches and fatigue took its toll on the squad. Probably cost us a chance of a Conference League trophy.

We did manage Champions League Qualification though.

You can see he is trying to bolster the squad with depth and tactical alternatives so a few players missing won't stop our momentum.

There will be great competition for starting spots. This will push players to higher levels. Unai will love this.

We probably still have a couple more incomings too before we get rid of a few players.

Once the new players get up to speed we will have a very strong squad indeed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Every football fan deserves to have a manager at least once in their life who completely changes how they look at the game.

I am very lucky to say that for me it has been Unai. We haven't seen the best of him yet, I hope that he is here for the rest of his career and I hope he wins every trophy going.

😊☺️😊

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â