Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailey 5 chances created since he came on. I was sure he would start after only coming on +90 mins in cup. Really not understanding the reason

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I don’t blame Unai for that. The players were just woeful. They looked really scared and didn’t look up for it. They need to take responsibility and fight back. They seem to have lost their mojo.

I’ll give it 10% mojo and 90% our tactics being nullified and not evolving 

• Like 1

The players have been with him 100% because of the results and performances. We just have to hope that they stick with him and don’t start to resent those infamous long meetings. 

He’s got a test on his hands now, to stop our season sliding out of view, this is why we pay him the big bucks.

• Like 2

Everything seems to have gone downhill since the Kamara sending off. Even with Pau back we may still struggle if the rest of the team can't step up 

Everyone was saying we need Tielemans back but he's back now and hasn't really changed anything. 

Unai seriously needs to think about how to beat Sheffield United as it's going to be men behind the ball stuff again. 

Not enjoying this padestrian pace we play at

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

Everyone was saying we need Tielemans back but he's back now and hasn't really changed anything. 

It took him a while to get up to speed the first time, I wasn't expecting him to come back and be at his best straight away.

He's just come back.

Again, the City performance was our strongest lineup, with everyone in form.

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He comes across the exact opposite?

Not saying he doesn't bear a lot of responsibility for this because he does, he needs to sort a lot of things out, but this is a very bizarre point.

Not really, I think he's rather predictable in how he sets us up and has us playing and this has been evident for a while, it's just now teams have figured out how to exploit it. We'll see if he can adapt and change but tonight big alarm bells were ringing. 

Partially it's on the players too as so many of them are playing below par but I think that's the system. We're not playing to a lot of the players' strengths, Diaby being a prime example. No point lobbing long balls up to him or trying to find him with a cross when he's 5 foot 7. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Seems tactically teams.have found us out.

Can we adjust and get a plan b? I would hope so.

I kind of get people saying this, but at the same time, it appears a simple thing like having Bailey instead of Diaby in the side with the same " tactics " from the beginning, may well have seen a totally different game.

• Like 3

If he persists with the passive, hold on to the ball and move it slowly up the field strategy then he needs to get the players off the ball to move more. We were statues today. If we don't move more this tactic gets nullified without breaking a sweat.

If we can't instll more fight into this team I hope we go for some sort of plan b and go more direct. Right now we look a bit lethargic and play way too slow. Players are walking or light jogging off the ball in possession and marked down constantly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicho said:

I think he’s trying to play Diaby into form, unfortunately that’s at the detriment of an on fire Bailey 

I thought of this, and ironically, there was a point it seems the same was being done with Leon when out of form.

Problem is, we have to find the balance between man management and the overall detriment to the team.

There could possibly be an argument, that playing Diaby into form ( Short term pain ) could pay off for us in the long run, as it has with Bailey.

• Like 1

We need to be more direct and get teams turned facing their own goal. The obsession with slow build up along the back line drives me insane and it’s simply not working well lately. 

Im not advocating kick and rush but a ball into the channels every now and again wouldn’t hurt. We’re not direct enough and quick enough getting the ball forward. 

I love the job Emery has done and the results have been fantastic but the high line, slow build up, passing out from the back really winds me up. I’ve said it in another thread, I don’t like the way we play, not at all. Results results results, that’s all that matters I suppose. 

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I thought of this, and ironically, there was a point it seems the same was being done with Leon when out of form.

Problem is, we have to find the balance between man management and the overall detriment to the team.

There could possibly be an argument, that playing Diaby into form ( Short term pain ) could pay off for us in the long run, as it has with Bailey.

I was thinking this before the game -- for this season to go well we'll probably need Diaby to find his form again. However, seeing Bailey come on and be such an obvious improvement has me wondering if at this point we just needed to stop the rot by any means possible and give ourselves something to build on.

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I kind of get people saying this, but at the same time, it appears a simple thing like having Bailey instead of Diaby in the side with the same " tactics " from the beginning, may well have seen a totally different game.

1v1 comparison is not fair in my opinion.  When Bailey came on he was playing on the wing and we were much faster in our play.  When Diaby was playing he was more central and we were playing very slow.  Id like to see what Diaby can do on the wing with us playing much faster.  

• Like 1

Â