Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of Cash as RW but the changes Emery made and the call to take out Pau (even if he was feeling an injury) for a more attacking player was a bold call that won the game for us. Great again.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Up to 87 points over 42 games.

Some of the older folk will remember when a league season in the top flight was 42 games.

Converting the 80/81 title winning campaign from 2 points for a win to 3 means the points total back then would be 86 points (26 wins, 8 draws).

Emery is one point better than the best season of the manager who is often regarded as the best we ever had.

My one issue with these stats when you see the “converting two points for a win to three” is I’m sure many of the draws in those old seasons would have been wins if there were extra points on the table (that’s why they introduced the rule after all). Still, I won’t argue with the Emery love!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Up to 87 points over 42 games.

Some of the older folk will remember when a league season in the top flight was 42 games.

Converting the 80/81 title winning campaign from 2 points for a win to 3 means the points total back then would be 86 points (26 wins, 8 draws).

Emery is one point better than the best season of the manager who is often regarded as the best we ever had.

That’s astonishing when you put it like that!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â