Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

After watching Emery cam I am now wondering what Pako and Unai are talking about after the 4th.

If Pako is the bald guy ... it seems he always gets an earful of rants from Unai when it's not going right 😂

I was listening to talkshite yesterday and they had a caller on talking about var (think they were a plop fan) anyway his point was if the prem attracts the world class  players and managers then why can't they get VAR up to standard. He listed around 4 managers, one of them was Unai. Proud. 

10 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I was listening to talkshite yesterday and they had a caller on talking about var (think they were a plop fan) anyway his point was if the prem attracts the world class  players and managers then why can't they get VAR up to standard. He listed around 4 managers, one of them was Unai. Proud. 

He simply can't be ignored....but lets just fly under the radar, and let the spotlight land on someone else.

To miss what UE is doing, just shows the superficial level some of these pundits draw there swag from, just bubblegum TV personalities, not discerning football people......any decent football analyst worth their salt, would have UE pinned down as Elite.

To be fair Simon Jordan is one of the few who seems to rate him and us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I saw Kompany talking about the Burnley opening fixtures and listed Villa as one of the games they looked at as a hard game.

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

A tad worried that Chelsea and Man Utd come sniffing around soon. Might reject Chelsea but Man Utd I don’t know…

Don't think so.

They'll think they're above him.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't think so.

They'll think they're above him.

The funny thing about that is that there’s no manager I’d have instead. If we lost him it’d have to be Klopp or Guardiola to even be close to replicating what Unai can do.

The only teams I fear playing now are Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal. It’s such an unbeliever job. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think he will/would go to Man United. I think he will stay true to us. 2/3 years from now I might have worried it would be a chance for him to turn that ship around... but I don't think he would do that right now. This club is set up around him and he hasn't achieved anything yet (a trophy, CL, something for the CV).

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

In fairness I used to think that about the Villa job. 

Agreed. But to give up what he's got going at Villa to go there would be a big risk I think.

With how he's got us playing and the money we have behind us, I think he's happy here

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Agreed. But to give up what he's got going at Villa to go there would be a big risk I think.

With how he's got us playing and the money we have behind us, I think he's happy here

Me too. He's got things to prove here. If he goes to Utd, flops because the players are prissy nobheads who don't listen, then he'll never exorcise the Arsenal demons. 

Anyway if you look at his record, aside from Arse and PSG he's mainly gone to mid to upper level sides and made them great. That's his forte, and I think he'll think his career needs some stability right now. He's got the world at his feet here if he can just go through some hard yards this season and possibly next.  

• Like 2

I get the feeling that Emery has been sold the opportunity to become a Wenger or Ferguson type figure here. He's been given total control of the football side of the operation. We want him to develop the club into a super power. It chimes with the aspirations of the owners and some of the things Emery has said in interviews. i.e. he's only done 10% of what he wants to achieve here.

• Like 1

I don't really get the need to constantly link our manager and players with moves away, if it's something rumoured in the press alors assez juste, but when people just make up the scenario out of thin air what's the point it's bad enough when the clickbait media do that, one of our players has a few good games and people linking them with moves away, since NSWE came in, other than Grealish  which was unique circumstances, we don't tend to lose our best players.

United won't be interested in Emery anyway, they'd either want either someone who's won League titles and Champions Leagues along the lines of Zidane, Simone, or Conte, or some trendy up and coming young manager of a similar kind to De Zerbi, Amorin, or Nagelsmann, Emery is somewhere inbetween those two descriptions, and despite the fact he did pretty well when you look at it more closely, they would probably see his time at Arsenal as evidence he's not good enough for them.

I don't think they will actually sack ten Hag anyway not for a while yet, and even if they did would probably just appoint a caretaker manager until the summer.

Most importanly I don't think Emery will be interested in leaving us yet, Sawiris went to lengths to bring him here in the first place and since arriving he's been given everything he wants and a lot of control

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't really get the need to constantly link our manager and players with moves away, if it's something rumoured in the press alors assez juste, but when people just make up the scenario out of thin air what's the point it's bad enough when the clickbait media do that, one of our players has a few good games and people linking them with moves away, since NSWE came in, other than Grealish  which was unique circumstances, we don't tend to lose our best players.

United won't be interested in Emery anyway, they'd either want either someone who's won League titles and Champions Leagues along the lines of Zidane, Simone, or Conte, or some trendy up and coming young manager of a similar kind to De Zerbi, Amorin, or Nagelsmann, Emery is somewhere inbetween those two descriptions, and despite the fact he did pretty well when you look at it more closely, they would probably see his time at Arsenal as evidence he's not good enough for them.

I don't think they will actually sack ten Hag anyway not for a while yet, and even if they did would probably just appoint a caretaker manager until the summer.

Most importanly I don't think Emery will be interested in leaving us yet, Sawiris went to lengths to bring him here in the first place and since arriving he's been given everything he wants and a lot of control

It’s just in our nature after years and years of disappointment and betrayal. The psyche of the supporters is another thing that’s going to take years to fix. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I get the feeling that Emery has been sold the opportunity to become a Wenger or Ferguson type figure here. He's been given total control of the football side of the operation. We want him to develop the club into a super power. It chimes with the aspirations of the owners and some of the things Emery has said in interviews. i.e. he's only done 10% of what he wants to achieve here.

Maybe so, but I think he'll do 4-5 years and then move onto another challenge. But that's plenty of time to achieve plenty with us.

It’s weird that the hype isn’t as high as it arguably should be. When we were finally doing alright under MON and getting 6th it felt accepted that Villa were a force. I wonder how long until that same feeling is back and we aren’t just waiting for the wheels to fall off?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â