Unai Emery

PeterSw

11 hours ago, M_Afro said:

He does talk sense. I like him. He always speaks highly of Villa and he clearly sees the potential greatness that is achievable under NSWE.

I also think that Keown does have a small point. We need to be careful that we don’t rely too heavily on Unai. You never know what’s around the corner and we have to ensure that should Unai leave, for whatever reason, succession to the next person is seamless. I do trust NSWE to have that covered though and I’m just going to enjoy watching Unai for as long as possible (hopefully decades).

We've been a nothing club for over 20 years.

Handing over all the power to a serial winner? Eh, yes please.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see alot of supporters and so called bloggers saying we'll struggle massively next season due to Europe. Alot basing on "look at West Ham" and we don't have the experience to do Europe. All I'll say is owners willing to expand the squad and a manger with 11, that's ELEVEN European trophies under his belt.

I'm actually excited at what he can do with the backing NWSE are giving him, which is only bettered I think by his time at PSG (Arsenal I think had a power battle going on at board level so trust was not in Unai's hands but Edu's), and being allowed to be the focal point at said club and knowing it's his project and they trust him to the hilt.

He has learnt massively from Arsenal days. From PSG days. He has the resources to build how he did at Sevilla and Villareal, ie how he wants. He didn't have that at any other club outside Spain. He is loving this.

We get dismissed to do better next season under Emery with his record yet Newcastle under Eddie Howe with 3 seasons at best impressive at the top level in football is lauded as a genius!?

Mark my words, we will be closer to top 4 than Newcastle next season. And it's down to the structure being in place to allow Emery to succeed. He can be our Basque Fergie and build a legacy here. He truly can. And the restructuring of the club says to me he feels he can as well.

Edited by stewiek2

just looking back at some historic post match interviews, i loved this one tbh, so honest, so open, so straight, and so correct.

after our 4-2 loss to Arsenal.

• Like 1

On 13/06/2023 at 21:20, stewiek2 said:

I see alot of supporters and so called bloggers saying we'll struggle massively next season due to Europe. Alot basing on "look at West Ham" and we don't have the experience to do Europe. All I'll say is owners willing to expand the squad and a manger with 11, that's ELEVEN European trophies under his belt.

I'm actually excited at what he can do with the backing NWSE are giving him, which is only bettered I think by his time at PSG (Arsenal I think had a power battle going on at board level so trust was not in Unai's hands but Edu's), and being allowed to be the focal point at said club and knowing it's his project and they trust him to the hilt.

He has learnt massively from Arsenal days. From PSG days. He has the resources to build how he did at Sevilla and Villareal, ie how he wants. He didn't have that at any other club outside Spain. He is loving this.

We get dismissed to do better next season under Emery with his record yet Newcastle under Eddie Howe with 3 seasons at best impressive at the top level in football is lauded as a genius!?

Mark my words, we will be closer to top 4 than Newcastle next season. And it's down to the structure being in place to allow Emery to succeed. He can be our Basque Fergie and build a legacy here. He truly can. And the restructuring of the club says to me he feels he can as well.

Let the underestimate us again. It works in our favour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ForeroGabe said:

Just saw some rumors Carlo Ancelotti is leaving Madrid to be Brazils new head coach. We shouldn’t be worried about Madrid poaching Unai right? 

There's always the worry at the back of my mind that some club will come in for him, but Emery's indifferent spells at PSG and Arsenal, and resounding success at Villarreal, Sevilla and hopefully here, leads me to believe that the elite clubs will view him as unsuited to them.

Also, we're building the entire club around him, we've brought his people in, the fans adore him and so do most of the players as well it seems. He wouldn't get any of that at Real Madrid.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

On 18/06/2023 at 20:47, ForeroGabe said:

Just saw some rumors Carlo Ancelotti is leaving Madrid to be Brazils new head coach. We shouldn’t be worried about Madrid poaching Unai right? 

Isn't the Basque country's relationship with Franco a lot like Catalonia? Would he be up for coaching Real?

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Isn't the Basque country's relationship with Franco a lot like Catalonia? Would he be up for coaching Real?

Its probably a lot worse than Catalonia but it depends his beliefs but on a footballing note he would just be a Perez puppet and I think he wouldnt want that role again like at PSG/Arsenal

Edited by Zatman

A lot of power with Emery. I suppose though that's the same with Guardiola and City. We should get a new contract to Emery and put in a huge release clause. 

I think he showed at Villareal he is loyal and wants to see projects through. Hopefully with his requests being met by NSWE he will stay committed to Villa for the long term

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

A lot of power with Emery. I suppose though that's the same with Guardiola and City. We should get a new contract to Emery and put in a huge release clause. 

I think he showed at Villareal he is loyal and wants to see projects through. Hopefully with his requests being met by NSWE he will stay committed to Villa for the long term

I agree with you CVB. I can't think of another club who would be willing or able to give Unai Emery so much control.

This is a unique once in a lifetime project that can satisfy all Emery's ambitions going forward. The chance to build a team totally in his own image, and to have both great financial support and top quality experts working in tandem with him, is an amazing opportunity.

It could be a job for life. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I agree with you CVB. I can't think of another club who would be willing or able to give Unai Emery so much control.

This is a unique once in a lifetime project that can satisfy all Emery's ambitions going forward. The chance to build a team totally in his own image, and to have both great financial support and top quality experts working in tandem with him, is an amazing opportunity.

Certainly seems like a perfect match.

Very exciting times, hopefully we can all be patient and enjoy the journey.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Moreno, Tielemans and PauTorres... Safe to say Emery knows quality. Great start to his managerial transfer business. 

Shows the difference between us and Arsenal. We are listening to him and signing who he wents, unlike signing players he is opposed to *cough Pepe*

Edited by stewiek2
Wrong player

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Shows the difference between us and Arsenal. We are listening to him and signing who he wents, unlike signing players he is opposed to *cough Partey*

Think Partey was signed the season after he left.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2023 at 13:41, villabromsgrove said:

He has talked about it being a 4-5 year project,rather then a job for life. He will want to win the Champions league at some point so, unless the unthinkable happened and we became a CL contender, then he will move to a club who can make that happen. Yes he had his fingers burnt before but that was because he chose the wrong CL clubs. I'm sure he will have learnt from that. 

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Party is decent enough but to pay 70m for Pepe is absurd! 

Bizarre transfer Pepe was. £70!

Unai wanted Zaha, the Arsenal board went for Pepe. I think we know who was right!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â