Unai Emery

PeterSw

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

His English has improved remarkably too......He should be Prime Minister.....He improves everything.

There would be no potholes in the road, if he was in charge.

And he will give our kids back the milk at playtime that was stolen 

• Haha 1

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Thinking about Manager of the Season, and even though he won't win it, I think there's a very good case to be made for why Unai should win it if we get Europe, even taking away the Villa bias.

For me, you can count Arteta, Guardiola and Silva out straight away as having comparatively not done as much as Emery. Howe and De Zerbi come close but the former had a full pre-season and spent a ton of money over the summer, while the latter came into a harmonious club with a bunch of well-performing players.

To come into a club on the brink of the relegation zone and after a year under one of the worst PL managers ever and turn us into serial winners who have only been outperformed by City and Arsenal since then is just ridiculous, doubly so in that he's done it while implementing a complicated high-risk/high-reward style and only adding one player in January.

Great post this

went for Sunday Lunch today.....saw Unai coming out of BodyMoor Heath , on my way past at 1.30pm

does this "magic man" ever stop working?

• Like 3

Just amazing to have him here. Fan base 100% united behind the manager. Players rising to the challenge. Media starting to register what's happening here. 

I can't wait for next season to see what he can do with a few extra players and a full prep season. So exciting. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

"Aston Villa are the first team since Man City in 2021 to better Liverpool's xG and record an xGA of below 1 in a Premier League match at Anfield.

Unai Emery has drastically improved this Villa team across the board in the space of months. Elite."

The XG experts said we were pretty poor and in a false position because of the XG stats 😂

• Haha 2

One thing I also like is that, in a season characterised by managers regularly losing the plot and getting themselves in trouble by saying or doing stupid things, Emery never gets sucked into beefing with rival managers or complaining about decisions or the opponent's tactics. It's always just a calm assessment of his own team's positives and negatives from a match.

Klopp was out there with his usual vaguely unhinged sour grapes after the game on Saturday, and with any of the stuff Emery might have kicked off about, he was basically just saying he was proud of the performance.

(I'm in the possibly small camp of thinking we haven't actually had an outrageous amount of egregiously bad decisions go against us this season, a couple of soft penalties aside, especially compared to some recent seasons so maybe that changes idk)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Annoyman said:

One thing I also like is that, in a season characterised by managers regularly losing the plot and getting themselves in trouble by saying or doing stupid things, Emery never gets sucked into beefing with rival managers or complaining about decisions or the opponent's tactics. It's always just a calm assessment of his own team's positives and negatives from a match.

Klopp was out there with his usual vaguely unhinged sour grapes after the game on Saturday, and with any of the stuff Emery might have kicked off about, he was basically just saying he was proud of the performance.

(I'm in the possibly small camp of thinking we haven't actually had an outrageous amount of egregiously bad decisions go against us this season, a couple of soft penalties aside, especially compared to some recent seasons so maybe that changes idk)

I was going to say the same thing..

I think that Unai knows that if you complain about the oppositions tactics then you are basically admitting you don't know how to combat them.. And if you talk about 'luck' then you are giving the players an opt out from taking personal responsibility.. 

Basically, our Manager is better than almost every other manager in the league.. 😀

3 hours ago, Annoyman said:

Emery has a touch of class though, he doesn't come across as a whingeing whining Kloppite.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rubberman said:

Just amazing to have him here. Fan base 100% united behind the manager. Players rising to the challenge. Media starting to register what's happening here. 

I can't wait for next season to see what he can do with a few extra players and a full prep season. So exciting. 

And we are putting the names in place around him to make Unai the jewel in the crown. I cannot recall a more exciting time in my lifetime. Even more than the MON years. 

While I am astonished in what he has achieved with us, so far and never thought it possible with the same team......I have always thought the team mirrors the manager.

He appears to have an answer to everything football related and remains calm when winning and losing, he has a plan and understands when things go well and when they dont and has an explanation to both. These are the signs of a great manager. The only slight thing in question is his confidence and this isn't anything I have seen with his time with us but Arsenal.

The players obviously respect him, he has improved all of them, why wouldn't they. 

I see great things ahead, if he can get the players he wants to come to us. If he can't and or others interfere in our signings then his job will be made more difficult. 

35 minutes ago, tinker said:

He appears to have an answer to everything football related and remains calm when winning and losing, he has a plan and understands when things go well and when they dont and has an explanation to both. These are the signs of a great manager. The only slight thing in question is his confidence and this isn't anything I have seen with his time with us but Arsenal.

The players obviously respect him, he has improved all of them, why wouldn't they. 

I see great things ahead, if he can get the players he wants to come to us. If he can't and or others interfere in our signings then his job will be made more difficult. 

what do you mean, his confidence?....can you explain more?......because I think he is hugely confident.

not saying your wrong, just interested on your take.

• Like 1

Unai has talked in his biography and interviews several times about how he had language problems at Arsenal and PSG, wasn’t as confident taking on the toxic squad players, and didn’t make enough effort with the fans. 

I would say he’s learned a lot from his time there. Constantly lauds the fans and goes out of his way to address them first. Rightly kept McGinn as captain to avoid rocking the boat but also boosted him as a high character part of the squad.

Could have alienated Digne after bringing on Moreno but has kept the Frenchman involved. Loaned out all the players who wanted playing time instead of keeping them on the bench for token playing time even at the expense of having a smaller squad overall. 

I see a manager who was great tactically but still had some things to learn when he was hired at Arsenal. We have Unai mk. II, much improved and ready to bring Villa a trophy. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

what do you mean, his confidence?....can you explain more?......because I think he is hugely confident.

not saying your wrong, just interested on your take.

When he was coming to the end of his Arsenal career he spoke about players and the team (him?) losing confidence. I'm not sure what good comes from having that conversation,  does it help build confidence?

Its nothing I have seen here and i want to stress that he's the most complete manager I have seen since MON / Gregory / Big Ron. 

Just give him the players he wants, ( i think he wants more aggression in the middle and a forward player/ winger who creates and doesn't lose the ball cheaply) 

I think if we get no major long term injuries and 3-4 top quality squad players we can get top 4 next season, unbelievably from where we was a year ago. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â