Unai Emery

PeterSw

16 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I do worry about one of the big boys wanting him at some point, but at the same time I reckon he's really enjoying it, and is probably pleasantly surprised at how well the squad is adapting to his way of playing, without any major signings being made.

This summer and next season is going to be the most exciting time I've had as a Villa fan I think.

I'm hoping he think she can make us one of the big boys. He's had a couple of spells at "big clubs" and not pulled up trees (although as widely discussed his time at Arsenal is underrated)

With the money we have he may see us as a project he can take to the top

I just still can't believe he's our manager. The last time I Was this dumbfounded about how on earth we had someone as manager it was Alex McLeish, and that was for very different reasons! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likes to work with a smaller squad  . Likes not to have intereference from above. Loyal and decent man working for a loyal and decent man in Sawaris. 

All depends on whether his dream is the champions league or to right the wrongs of his previous spell in the prem  . Hopefully both !! 

• Like 3

There is zero chance Emery leaves now for Chelsea, the chaotic running of that club wouldn't interest Emery.

And besides, even if Emery is being admired by other clubs, so should Marco Silva, Thomas Frank and De Zerbi, even Eddie Howe, why do we think they would poach Emery before them, Emery has been in the job for less time than all of them, so surely is least likely to leave anytime soon?

26 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Better get used to Emery being touted around by the media at every opportunity. 

Don't think the wider media have even picked up on the extent of the job that he's done to be honest.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Don't think the wider media have even picked up on the extent of the job that he's done to be honest.

I know right, that's what I'm getting at. Until now he's flown under the radar, but a few more positions up the table and his name will be everywhere. 

• Like 1

I do wondee if arsenal ever got rid of arteta they would be tempted to get him back if he does well here.

I dont think he would personally. I think he would maybe leave for a big European club but not a  english club

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I do wondee if arsenal ever got rid of arteta they would be tempted to get him back if he does well here.

I dont think he would personally. I think he would maybe leave for a big European club but not a  english club

I can't see him going to another Premier League club, at the end of the day though everyone is a selling club if Real Madrid come knocking

• Like 1

League record since he joined.

Won 9

Lost 4

Drawn 2

Win record of 56 %

29 points = 1.81 points per game

Wins v

Chelsea

Bournemouth 

Palace

Everton

Southampton 

Leeds

Spurs

Brighton

Man ure

Losses to

Man City

Arse

Liverpool

Leicester 

Only really the Leicester game defies emerys record, hopefully this is pit right on Tuesday.

Under the bin dipper

Losses to

Arse

West ham

Palace

Bournemouth 

Chelsea

Fulham

Draws to 

Forest

Leeds

Man City

Wins 

Southampton

Everton

2 Wins!! In 11  win % 18.18

Points per game 1.22

That's a projected 22 points difference with the same squad bar 1 new left back and selling our top goal scorer at the time.

On meds so may have got it slightly wrong but boy what a difference havibg a real life manager rather than beales scouse mouth piece in charge.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

He usually sees out his contract at clubs or near to it. This excluding his time in Moscow and Arsenal. He’s already worked for rich idiotic owners at Psg and Spartak Moscow I don’t think he’ll be falling into the same trap again.

He will leave us when it is no longer a challenge. If he feels he has taken us as far as he can then that will be the time he goes. He did mention early on that the objective was getting into Europe and winning a domestic or European trophy. He will at least try and achieve that, so there is no worry of him going in the short term. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Steero113 said:

" Now hear me out Martin, with all respect to Villa, who are a fantastic club, why would he not go to a Leicester City? They've won the Premier League... and I can't see Villa doing that any time soon " ... lol

7 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Haven't seen him on any list of potential Chelsea managers yet.

I don't think he'd go. I think that NSWE would match any salary offer. Plus, he's already managed one circus of a big name club (PSG), then was happy to go to never-won-a-trophy Villareal afterwards. My guess is that he's not looking to do the circus again, and Chelsea is the ultimate circus right now.

45 minutes ago, TomC said:

Haven't seen him on any list of potential Chelsea managers yet.

I don't think he'd go. I think that NSWE would match any salary offer. Plus, he's already managed one circus of a big name club (PSG), then was happy to go to never-won-a-trophy Villareal afterwards. My guess is that he's not looking to do the circus again, and Chelsea is the ultimate circus right now.

Wasn't referring to the Chelsea job per se, more that with this trajectory that he's on it's only a matter of time before he's being linked every 10 mins with a move away to a "bigger club". 

The guys elite, and I hope he's here for 5 years +, but we're going to be tested along the way with keeping the bloke, that's for sure. 

It’ll be great to be in a position where someone wants our manager, when was the last time that happened?

I don’t think he’ll leave us for another English club, think it would be hard for him to turn down Real, Barca or Atletico though, or maybe he’d fancy Italy after he’s took us as far as he can.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â