Unai Emery

PeterSw

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

And according to the press, Lange’s position is under review. The next appointment will supposedly have to be with the full backing of Unai. 

Unai reports to Lange. I can't see him hiring his own boss. 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Thug said:

Emery breath you take

Emery move you make

Emery smile you fake

Emery sub you make

I’ll be watching you

So pleased to see

the back of slippy G

And my poor heart breaks

Thinking why the **** we didn’t get you before that scouse prick ruined 2 seasons.

Yeah, the last line needs work, but thoughts?

Not a patch on ……”there’s only one Unai Emery………”

• Haha 3

Ollie:

Ollie Watkins insists he and his teammates are all 'really excited' to continue learning from Unai Emery after the Spaniard's impressive return to Premier League management with Aston Villa.

"When you get a manager there’s a serge of energy, all the lads buy into the new ideas and there’s a bit more togetherness," Watkins told Sky Sports. "So they have just previously won against Everton away and they will be coming here with a lot of confidence.

"Hopefully we can get that derby win. We will have the fans right behind us as always, especially for that game. It will be a little bit feisty, a Midlands derby, I’m looking forward to it."

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Unai reports to Lange. I can't see him hiring his own boss. 

I don’t think it works that way. They both work for the club for the good of the club and so it’s important that they’re both singing off the same hymn sheet, regardless of any arbitrary seniority level. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think it works that way. They both work for the club for the good of the club and so it’s important that they’re both singing off the same hymn sheet, regardless of any arbitrary seniority level. 

But the Sporting Director needs to evaluate the Head Coaches performance. Obviously Head Coach is a key appointment and highly paid. But still, they can't hire their own boss. I do think Emery can given suggestions on who might be good.

I still don't see Lange in any danger. The issue has been on the coaching side not the squad. We've a talented squad under performing primarily due to Coaching of Smith and then even worse, Gerrard. 

We've an Elite coach now. So we need to see how the squad performs under him

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

But the Sporting Director needs to evaluate the Head Coaches performance. Obviously Head Coach is a key appointment and highly paid. But still, they can't hire their own boss. I do think Emery can given suggestions on who might be good.

I still don't see Lange in any danger. The issue has been on the coaching side not the squad. We've a talented squad under performing primarily due to Coaching of Smith and then even worse, Gerrard. 

We've an Elite coach now. So we need to see how the squad performs under him

An elite coach appointed by one of our multi billionaire owners. I’d love to be in the meeting when the sporting director tells Nas he doesn’t think much of his appointment. 😉

7 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

And according to the press, Lange’s position is under review. The next appointment will supposedly have to be with the full backing of Unai. 

Sampaoli has apparently fallen out with Monchi at Sevilla and Monchi and Unai won some cups together before

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ollie:

Ollie Watkins insists he and his teammates are all 'really excited' to continue learning from Unai Emery after the Spaniard's impressive return to Premier League management with Aston Villa.

"When you get a manager there’s a serge of energy, all the lads buy into the new ideas and there’s a bit more togetherness," Watkins told Sky Sports. "So they have just previously won against Everton away and they will be coming here with a lot of confidence.

"Hopefully we can get that derby win. We will have the fans right behind us as always, especially for that game. It will be a little bit feisty, a Midlands derby, I’m looking forward to it."

I love that headline as if Unai future relies on Ollie Watkins opinion of him 😂

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sampaoli has apparently fallen out with Monchi at Sevilla and Monchi and Unai won some cups together before

After consulting my mentor, Google, that’s very interesting. It could be a case of who wins the internal battle at Sevilla, either way that could present an opportunity for us. Monchi’s record as sporting director is impressive both on and off the pitch. Sevilla won lots of trophies and made lots of money on transfers at the same time. He also developed a huge scouting network as well as developing their youth system. What’s not to like there?

After a year of Gerrard, who has barely got a braincell, I'm surprised the players have been able to take in as much as they have tactically in such a relatively short space of time. Must've been like this under Gerrard:

898213.jpg?b64lines=IFRBTEtJTicgT1VUIE9G

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He left Sevilla for the greener pastures of Rome, and ended up going back to Sevilla with his tail tucked between his legs as it didn’t work out. No guarantee it would work here.

8 hours ago, Thug said:

Emery breath you take

Emery move you make

Emery smile you fake

Emery sub you make

I’ll be watching you

So pleased to see

the back of slippy G

And my poor heart breaks

Thinking why the **** we didn’t get you before that scouse prick ruined 2 seasons.

Thats brilliant 😂

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Remember Gerrard used to imply that he was giving the players too much information and they couldn't take it all in so he had to strip it back and go back to basics 😂. **** fraud.

More likely too much information about his glory days and zero actual coaching 😆

9 hours ago, Thug said:

Emery breath you take

Emery move you make

Emery smile you fake

Emery sub you make

I’ll be watching you

So pleased to see

the back of slippy G

And my poor heart breaks

For a thug you are quite a beautiful wordsmith sir

• Haha 1

Has a mountain of work to do. We will struggle big time as per usual to break down teams with low block. Aimless crosses into the box all day in the second half today. Same as it has been for the last 2 full years.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â