Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 wins in 2 league games who was the last manager to do this probably Gregory

I don't care what Sky Sports/Talksport think if honest. Unai Emery is an actual manager these clowns think Gerrard/Lampard/Big Sam are superior

Watching the sky pundits talk about the England starting setup saying Southgate hasn't time to try different formations, that he's got 4 days with the side til the world cup opens (ignoring the extra days he has til England's opener) then seeing that in Emery's first game he played us in multiple formations with 3 and half days training with this squad, they're worry about England facing an 'Iranian' counter attack shows the difference in the likes of Southgate and his coaching staff and Unai. We've a proper elite manager in charge rather than someone these pundits are worrying over his lack of training ground time with the England squad.

Proper managers don't need much time, they need players perceptive to his methods.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 4

Just listened to the Brighton post match interview, his English has improved already and he seems really knowledgeable about all the players, loved his mention of shape change to accommodate Ings best position playing between the two CBs.

I was underwhelmed with the rumour he was signing at the time but hats off to him, he’s on another level, a level I don’t think we’ve had for a very, very long time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Emery’s name is (wrongly) tainted in this country, imo

Yeah but if he does a good job with us the narrative will quickly become (and rightly so) "he's actually a really good manager and Arsenal were just toxic at the time".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I think a lot of the British ex pros of a certain generation are just very xenophobic, and jealous of how much today’s players earn, and most of their criticism is based on those two biases.

You may well be right in some cases. I have noticed with a couple of pundits however since the previous managers dismissal, when questioning the players they seemed to forget what the dressings rooms were like when they played and the manager was sacked. In Sutton’s case, I remember listening to a pod where he recommended a player to Gerrard to sign during the off season from Italy, which suggests they are mates, hence his comments appear biased to say the least.

tbf MOTD gave a good minute plus solely praising and showing our defensive shape when we were trying to close the game out (ie: when we did the back 5, the back 6 and closed down the angles).

Decent little tidbits tbh.

Emery is the man! 😁

• Like 2

Something i was thinking about. Fans ( i myself, and others following Villa im sure ) it’s very easy to dine out on your history isn’t it. 1982. The league wins , fa cup wins, league cup wins. But those successes belong to different people who at those times got it right. Liverpool fell into the same trap in the 90s. “ Our history will get us over the line “ It didn’t. It never does. The quality of work, or lack thereof that you are doing in the moment in time you are in, determines your success. History wins you nothing. You are entitled to nothing. I’ve a good feeling about Emery. Like his body of work, and his humility - there’ll be no talk to the players of “ you should be winning games because you are Villa “ No, none of that silly bugger. Just manic work, day in day out. And i love it. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â