Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I know it’s early days and it’s still the honeymoon period where everything is great but I’m absolutely loving Emery. 

We can play football but then when it’s time, turn into absolute massive shithouses time wasting at every opportunity. I **** love it. 

That really is a huge result going into the break now. 3 points off Europe, who says no? 😏

Wouldn't bet against us!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Just wanted to mention that in his two PL games we have beaten Man Utd who were on an unbeaten run of 9 and Brighton away our first away win, they had won three on the bounce AND would have gone 5th with a win.

We now sit 12th 1 point off the best of the 'also rans' until after Christmas with the window coming up and another pre season.

Steven Gerrard was shit.

11 goals scored in 12 games under the last manager (inc. 4 in the cup against Bolton).

11 goals scored in 5 games since his dismissal (inc. 2 in the cup against Man Utd).

Clearly there are goals in this squad, I’m very hopeful Emery can make use of that while giving us a touch more stability in the defensive half. If we have the goals we’ll always have a chance.

• Like 2

What a start for our Unai! 

And now we go into the World Cup break with confidence, ready to come out the other side a well oiled machine. I get the impression that the more time Emery has with the team, the better we will be. The opposite of the previous incumbent. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He's got our strikers firing again. It's all about the system! 

Bailey, Archer, Ings and Watkins gonna love playing under Emery. 

We only scored more than 1 goal in a game once in the league under Gerrard this season. We have done it 3 times out of 4 since he has gone (4 out of 5 if you include the cup). That is no coincidence. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We only scored more than 1 goal in a game once in the league under Gerrard this season. We have done it 3 times out of 4 since he has gone (4 out of 5 if you include the cup). That is no coincidence. 

But according to the pundits it's all down to the players who didn't want to play for him! Nothing to do with the tactics which stifled every single player on the pitch

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He's got our strikers firing again. It's all about the system! 

Bailey, Archer, Ings and Watkins gonna love playing under Emery. 

I agree.

Watkins and Ings was on death row under Gerrard!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Incredible what a competent coach can achieve with a team playing badly and so low on confidence. 

I know it’s probably implied but to get a win against United at home for the first time since 1995 and winning away at a very strong Brighton for our first away win since the signing of the Magna Carta is not just competent it’s amazing. I think he’s a great coach and I still didn’t expect anything from the first 5 games. 

Â