Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Any sighting of Guilbert on the released footage/images? Not that he would make a huge difference but would be nice if he was given a fresh chance.

A couple of pages back someone posted the link to an article from the Birmingham Mail that suggested Guilbert was still training with the under 21’s

Buendia is expected to be OK for Manchester United this weekend with Emery and Villa taking a cautious approach to the playmaker's training load.

Boubacar Kamara, meanwhile, was also back amongst the first-team group this afternoon after his month-long lay-off following knee ligament damage. It now remains to be seen if the talented Frenchman will be back this week or next.

WATKINS AND ARCHER

Elsewhere and, unsurprisingly, Emery took a hands-on role during today’s session. The new manager did a lot of pointing and mucked in as he collected and moved the cones and mannequins. His coaching staff were nowhere to be seen, though, with Villa to announce Emery’s staff in the coming days once work visas are obtained.

One photo that could well have grabbed people’s attention is that of Emery running alongside Ollie Watkins and Archer as he worked with the two strikers. Emery, from time to time, has often started with two front men and, at some stage, Villa could well see Watkins and Archer start as a pair as Emery sets about instilling a new shape to Villa in the coming weeks and months.

STILL NO FREDDIE GUILBERT

And lastly to a player not amongst the group today and that’s Frederic Guilbert. The right-back is still training with the club’s under-21s having been banished by previous manager Gerrard.

There are a couple of shots of him early in that video where he looks like a guy who has seen there's a train coming to hit him and his legs no longer work.

But then you see him actually getting involved in training and it's like... **** hell. Man's actually a coach. Like, a good one.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

A couple of pages back someone posted the link to an article from the Birmingham Mail that suggested Guilbert was still training with the under 21’s

Probably no one's told him about poor Fred.

I read on Twitter that Emery has signed 19 players twice. E.g. Lo Celso.

I suspect that means he trusts certain Individuals and likes to works with players he knows can take his ideas on board.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we were linked to some Villarreal players, especially Lo Celso (I understand he’s on loan)

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â