Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will sting for quite some time we wasted the 'big push' that should have gone to a decent manager on Gerrard.

With a first four of Utd, Brighton, Tottenham and Liverpool, Unai's up against it from the off.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think working on the training ground is the priority ahead of press conferences and a few photos.

Love this though.

Business first mentality. Knows how much work needs doing.

8 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Looks like he's sacked of the media  to get straight into the job. 

That would be a great thing to do, very good sign if true. If he's chomping at the bit with the rubbish visa application dead time delay meaning he feels he's lost time to get info into this group to get them ready for United then that's about the best start we can hope for isn't it? We can wait for the media platitudes....

15 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I'm just praying it all works out and clean slates for  Sanson/Freddie. 

I think they’re done. See also Berson, Helenius, Okore, Engels and Gil. Sometimes we just have to accept that, for whatever reason, certain players won’t ever make it.

16 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

This is the kind of manager we need. Task orientated and not lapping up the media spotlight to push their brand.

2 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

That's the spirit ! 

Well I’m just being realistic. Better to expect 5 losses so we don’t have everyone being Emery out after 5 games (which will inevitably happen with our fanbase). 

50 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think working on the training ground is the priority ahead of press conferences and a few photos.

I've had some good replies (including yours). I just thought they might have put a short statement to the effect "Unai Emery has been granted his work permit and is now carrying out his duties as Aston Villa manager. More info in due course".  Not to worry, I'm just glad that he's here and getting to know (and train) the squad.

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Wow his first five games. I can’t see anything but five losses. 

Dunno, Brighton might be winnable if we get our arses into gear. 

Really hope we spank rat boy and his United whinge-merchants at least once out of the two upcoming games. I'd actually prefer it to be the cup if I'm honest. 

14 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I think they’re done. See also Berson, Helenius, Okore, Engels and Gil. Sometimes we just have to accept that, for whatever reason, certain players won’t ever make it.

I liked Okore but he was such a liability 😆

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â