Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In a roundabout way, it might have been good for him to see that performance.

The scintillating Brentford display might have created a false narrative or sense of security.

He will have seen all of our weaknesses in advance.

I suppose it makes any changes he makes next week easier for him. He will need to work with the group in the short term to rebuild their confidence and get a system that will move us forward. I am confident he will or else we have bigger problems than we know.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The scintillating Brentford display might have created a false narrative or sense of security.

Yeah thats a good point. Im pretty sure the owners are fed up of seeing crap like this.

They deserve  better than the garbage served up tonight. Emery needs to make it clear that they are playing for their futures from now until jan to summer.

Im backing emery over  the players. Emerys a proven winner i am behind him a 100% the players not so much after another cowardly away performance 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Very true and having evaluated our squad he will need full backing - financial and otherwise - to make the multiple changes necessary. Make no mistake many of our squad are not at top 6/8 standard let alone top 4.

• Like 1

Just now, PerryBarrPet said:

Very true and having evaluated our squad he will need full backing - financial and otherwise - to make the multiple changes necessary. Make no mistake many of our squad are not at top 6/8 standard let alone top 4.

The short term goal is top 10 I think and more consistent performances.

• Like 2

I generally think we would have gine down had gerarrd stayed. With this wimpy squad and a hopeless maanger what a recipe for disaster.

If the fans are patient give emery time i have every confidence he will bring success to this club

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I generally think we would have gine down had gerarrd stayed. With this wimpy squad and a hopeless maanger what a recipe for disaster.

If the fans are patient give emery time i have every confidence he will bring success to this club

I don’t think we’ll go down under Emery for sure but VT knows no bounds for ridiculous at times. One bloke on here the other day “ We might be able to make a push for Europe under Emery “ I mean……He’s not a magician and the reality is that we’ve overpaid on some players like Buendia. Shouldn’t of signed Coutinho. He’s a very good coach. This will be a slow burner though and some Villa fans need to engage with reality now and then. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don’t think we’ll go down under Emery for sure but VT knows no bounds for ridiculous at times. One bloke on here the other day “ We might be able to make a push for Europe under Emery “ I mean……He’s not a magician and the reality is that we’ve overpaid on some players like Buendia. Shouldn’t of signed Coutinho. He’s a very good coach. This will be a slow burner though and some Villa fans need to engage with reality now and then. 

Every time I see this I think of Almiron and Joelinton. A coach can make a world of difference. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So just a top 10 finish and a cup this season before sweeping the board next season then?

• Like 1

Just now, Dale said:

Every time I see this I think of Almiron and Joelinton. A coach can make a world of difference. 

That’s true. My only worry is Buendia for one, is making the same mistakes he did when he came in the door as he is now. That’s Smith and Gerrard. ( Danks 2 games ) Piss weak on the ball, under hits easy passes, just baffling decision making at times. Emery won’t suffer fools. He’ll learn or he won’t play. 

Back down to reality after the boost from the Brentford result and the euphoria from Emery’s appointment.

He clearly has his work cut out but his reputation as a proper coach will improve these players. They need it as it’s painfully obvious that SG has been stealing a living for the last year and the team has suffered for it. That man is a fraud!!!!

We are so mentally weak but this is something UE is also renowned to improve too, so we should feel confident that he will turn things around. I really hope so!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Nothing wrong with it. I’d take top 12 and winning the Carabao cup if you gave it to me now. 

Obviously we’ll have to wait another year to get our European Cup back, but as you say we have to be realistic. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dale said:

Or maybe they were not bad players to begin with?

12 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I agree with you fans needs ti be realistic its going to take a good couple years i think to get to where we want to go

2 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

Back down to reality after the boost from the Brentford result and the euphoria from Emery’s appointment.

He clearly has his work cut out but his reputation as a proper coach will improve these players. They need it as it’s painfully obvious that SG has been stealing a living for the last year and the team has suffered for it. That man is a fraud!!!!

We are so mentally weak but this is something UE is also renowned to improve too, so we should feel confident that he will turn things around. I really hope so!!

You’re right. Gerrard identified the mentality problem, it hardly took a genius, but he had no idea how to fix it. Apart from further undermining players confidence. Emery will hopefully be the proverbial breath of fresh air at BMH. 

I can just picture the scene Tuesday morning at BMH......with all the players waiting for Unai

when a voice, screams "little pigs, little pigs.....Here's Johnny"......and an axe comes through the door.

I hope they **** themselves.

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

I suppose it makes any changes he makes next week easier for him. He will need to work with the group in the short term to rebuild their confidence and get a system that will move us forward. I am confident he will or else we have bigger problems than we know.

well the 4-2-3-1 didn't help us today did it?

I think the latter, might be the case.

Â