Unai Emery

PeterSw

I probably seemed hesitant re: Emery, and that wasn’t being negative. I just haven’t taken as much notice of football in general for a few years. Spent the last few days reading things about Emery, looking at his past successes and also watching videos.

Pretty impressed 😊

Thank you to all who quoted me, which pushed me to research. 🙏 I was never against the appointment, I just didn’t have enough facts to make a judgment. 

• Like 3

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy I work with used to work at Arsenal and met UE a few times. Obviously as has been reported he is super nerdy about the analytics and pretty intense. When he was there his English wasn't great so he would sometimes lose track of what he was trying to get across half way through explaining something. One of the reasons sessions were really long. By all accounts he's been continuing to improve that over the last few years so hopefully less of a problem now. 

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Guy I work with used to work at Arsenal and met UE a few times. Obviously as has been reported he is super nerdy about the analytics and pretty intense. When he was there his English wasn't great so he would sometimes lose track of what he was trying to get across half way through explaining something. One of the reasons sessions were really long. By all accounts he's been continuing to improve that over the last few years so hopefully less of a problem now. 

Isn’t this the same everywhere though? Pep went to Bayern I doubt his German rolled off the tongue smoothly. I think he’ll be fine he’s already learned English so that’s half the battle, the fact that we have so many Spanish and French speaking players at the club helps to. 

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

My friend Spazza says that cool strive sexi-art is what separates the fashdown spin backs like Slippy G and the jump up ones who regulate. Strictly on the DL.

Presh, coz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Isn’t this the same everywhere though? Pep went to Bayern I doubt his German rolled off the tongue smoothly. I think he’ll be fine he’s already learned English so that’s half the battle, the fact that we have so many Spanish and French speaking players at the club helps to. 

Carl Chinn, can help, with the Brummie Slang for this "Bostin" appointment

He'll be in his "oil-tot" when the wins start rollin' in.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Back to Emery, I cannot believe for a second he hasn't been in contact with Danks and the coaching staff. Danks obviously can't say he has or that'll flag up as him violating his work permit application, but even if it's through an intermediary, he must have had at least contact.

I've seen this written loads, and it makes sense but now I think about it, why would that affect his work permit? As long as he's not physically working in this country surely he can talk to whoever he wants without a work permit? I have to talk to people in America all the time regarding my business (mainly their stupid software playing up) and neither me or them need a work permit or permission to do so, what's stopping him having a conference call with the whole coaching team from abroad? 

I imagine he's got a lot to do with regards to moving countries and learning about the team and he's left this to Danks who's probably in a much better position to get the team ready for the game 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, weedman said:

I've seen this written loads, and it makes sense but now I think about it, why would that affect his work permit? As long as he's not physically working in this country surely he can talk to whoever he wants without a work permit? I have to talk to people in America all the time regarding my business (mainly their stupid software playing up) and neither me or them need a work permit or permission to do so, what's stopping him having a conference call with the whole coaching team from abroad? 

I imagine he's got a lot to do with regards to moving countries and learning about the team and he's left this to Danks who's probably in a much better position to get the team ready for the game 

I would think its a bit early for judgments......He will have to do a fair bit of analysing first.

I think your points are valid.....but I can only imagine at this stage any contact will be superficial, comments...and a bit of motivation.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Unless I’ve missed something, the SSN Gillette Soccer Saturday people haven’t talked about Unai Emery yet, even though it’s the biggest news of the week.

Probably working out how best to show their love for Gerrard.

We're their "Gerrard deserved more time" topic after the break

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Just watched it. Pretty much blamed the players and didn’t touch on Gerrard being shit at all.

I am shocked.

I'm not shocked at all. That clearing in the woods Sherwood especially with his players need to look in the mirror twaddle.

It was basically a piece about how our players are a bunch of shits and Coutinho Coutinho COUTINHO!!!!

Â