Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels like we might not have any drunks or lazy players in the squad this time unlike when Houllier came in and tried to change the mentality of the squad.

Hopefully all of them are on board and are willing listen.

10 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It's such a pleasure to read / listen to genuine sports journalists, over the plethora of ex-pros not really sure what to do next but they damn well have an opinion on things! Never understand why more journalists aren't employed by radio shows / MOTD etc. to actually give us an informed, non-partisan opinion actually based on professionalism, knowledge and understanding of a situation.

Very true but don’t think SkySports will be following your advice any time soon.

It was done on Friday. Everything else was BS, it was Emery already the moment Gerrard was sacked.

I'm sure we sounded out Poch & Tuchel as well. But Unai had made his mind up within 24hours of Gerrards sacking, not sure there was ever anything in Ruben Amorim. Certainly wasn't in Mick Beale.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, birdman said:

Welcome Unai! I'm sorry to say this will be the hardest job you've ever had 😂

He'll be grey by Easter! 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Giro said:

Just watched this, this guy explains how emery sets out a team quite well

Be interesting to see if Emery sets the team up like that. Although why he selected McGinn instead of Donk I don’t know.

the asymmetrical 442 can easily change into a  4231. Ramsey would be interesting in wide midfielder role. Can’t see where else he’d fit.

1 minute ago, Lupinthe5th said:

I'm liking this appointment the more I think about it. Growing on me.

This suggests you didn’t like it in the first place? How can you be anything but happy about this appointment? I hope you just mean you really liked at the beginning and now you really really like it.

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s really encouraging that the majority voted for Emery and now we have him. He will have the backing of the natives. Villa Park will feel like a great place again. 

It would have been far more resounding had the unrealistic Poch not been added to the list.

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Not been online because I’m away but Danny Murphy was not impressed with the appointment last night

VERDICT 

‘It doesn’t excite me’ – Unai Emery to Aston Villa described as being ‘left-field’ with supporters ‘underwhelmed’ by Steven Gerrard’s successor

https://talksport.com/football/1227960/unai-emery-aston-villa-danny-murphy-ally-mccoist/amp/

Honestly I’m still pinching myself at this. I can’t believe it. 

There are no guarantees of course, but when you hire someone with such a body of success, the odds on that person being successful reduces significantly. 

I read some rubbish today (not on here I might add) about his “failed stint” at PSG. Apparently you can’t fail there. Well the media darling Poch failed to win the league in one of his seasons there, Emery didn’t. 

I dont want to risk the wrath of mods by going OT and talking about other managers. But with all the names mentioned I thought Emery was the pipe dream. 

I’m blown away. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â