Unai Emery

PeterSw

27 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Digne and Cash are certs. Probably Bednarek and Dendoncker too.

Shocked if Digne goes even if fit. Only got a call up last time through injuries. Theo and Mendy are miles ahead of him

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Emery strikes me of more of a Mourinho type, who isn't tied to a specific way of playing and adapts the system and style to whoever the opposition is. 

Yes, that was actually a criticism that came from an Arsenal friend of mine. That he has no ‘style or philosophy’ it changes from one game to the next responding to the opponent. 

For a team in our position that sounds more like a strength than a weakness 😁

• Like 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

Yes, that was actually a criticism that came from an Arsenal friend of mine. That he has no ‘style or philosophy’ it changes from one game to the next responding to the opponent. 

For a team in our position that sounds more like a strength than a weakness 😁

It says a lot then that Emery and Mourinho are serial trophy winners.  Sometimes it might not be pretty, but they get results, and silverware.

• Like 1

Complete opposite reaction to Gerrard appointment…🙄

Very excited and optimistic about Emery as Aston Villa manager 😁

The Villa link is so ironic….SeVilla, Villarreal…it’s written in the stars ✨ 

UTV 

💜💙

Edited by Vincenzo
  • Like 1

Just now, Vincenzo said:

Complete opposite reaction to Gerrard appointment…🙄

Very excited and optimistic about Emery as Aston Villa manager 😁

The Villa link is so ironic….SeVilla Villarreal…it’s written in the stars ✨ 

UTV 

💜💙

Worlds apart.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It says a lot then that Emery and Mourinho are serial trophy winners.  Sometimes it might not be pretty, but they get results, and silverware.

People only think of football Identity through the warped lens of Pep. It’s an anomaly backed with oil money. The idea that it can exist in other forms is simply beyond their comprehension. 

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I just hope the players really buy into his ideas. 

I think they will, but aren’t too concerned if they don’t.  by that, I mean that in the modern game players rule the roost as its far easier and cheaper to replace the manager than it is to replace 5/6 players. 
A situation like this is slightly different. The manager is an Elite level manager and one of the best in the world, and we can’t really say that about many/any of our players. So if for example (and I’m just picking players at random here, nothing personal) McGinn, Bailey and Cash decided to throw their toys out of the pram, I’d imagine the club would bin all 3 before considering getting rid of the manager. 

And players aren’t stupid, they will know it’s either shape up or ship out.

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Imho possibly the best manager we have ever signed in my 25 years supporting. Excited and looking forward to us actually being coached by someone who uses tactics.

That's great. Finally we have a manager who has the balls to ring an early change when it's clearly not working!

Just now, thunderball said:

I've got an old leather jacket in my wardrobe, maybe I should wear it out on Saturday evening......

It's a solid look mate. If you're in your 50s, you'll be the coolest* guy in the CAMRA pub**

* coolness not guaranteed or made more likely by youth-chasing outer garment
** comparable to tallest dwarf prize

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't know what he considers elite then. Multi europa cup winner and better record at PSG than Tuchel and Pochettino seems elite to me. 

He has a better record than Tuchel and Pochetino in management point blank.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t believe Linekar did his own pathetic “good ebening” tweet. Glad he’s getting called out and ratioed for it

Hes a prick, you wouldn't welcome a Jamaican player in a Jamaican accent would you. 

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Hes a prick, you wouldn't welcome a Jamaican player in a Jamaican accent would you. 

Once a meme has been spread it simply will not go away. 

Best to just ignore it because it's not going to stop. 

Edited by Pinebro

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â