Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Genuinely a terrible account. And that’s an achievement for all the diabolical betting accounts and their “banter”. 

I’ve never forgiven them for putting Ugo Ehiogu in a list of next manger betting odds not long after he died. 

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

According to a video posted earlier in this thread, Emery once picked an entire starting XI using dice...

Yeah it was a psychological tactic. He was so convinced his system was right and would win the game he told his players on the bus he was going to pick players randomly. 

He won the game. 

Imagine the faith that would instil in the players that the manager is so astute tactically. Confidence would be massive.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

They honestly don’t know anything. I don’t think we ever in for Tuchel. We had a very clear vision and Emery is proof that we’ve hit a hard reset. It’s just embarrassing to read knowledgeable footballer writers about Spain be so clueless about us. 

Considering the most effective system for the players we have… (Brentford was the proof in the pudding) Emery more than fits the bill…

Tbh.. I didn’t want anyone who regularly plays with a back 5… personally, I hate playing with 5 defenders…despite the success some managers have had with those systems.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What? Aiming for one top manager after another?

And probably getting the most consistently successful one in?

Hmm… sounds good to me.

Isn't he assuming that we were actually interested in Poch or Tuchel?  Everything in the papers was just speculation.  The fact we hired Emery after 4 days from sacking Slippy, and Sawaris apparently visiting him in Spain, suggests to me he was our first choice all along.

• Like 2

Still cannot believe we have finally got a proper experienced top flight manager to take us on the next step.

Pity about the last 12 wasted months under the previous fraud.

As for the Linekers and other jealous tweeting twerps .....they can get stuffed!

The Villa are back 😀

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Isn't he assuming that we were actually interested in Poch or Tuchel?  Everything in the papers was just speculation.  The fact we hired Emery after 4 days from sacking Slippy, and Sawaris apparently visiting him in Spain, suggests to me he was our first choice all along.

100%, these journos can kid themselves all they want. Emery was the top guy for us. We’ve got the wealth to build a massive project. I am very excited for the first presser so we can shut them up. So tired of the media disrespecting us. 

Fantastic appointment. I voted for Poch (mainly because my mates said we had absolutely no chance of attracting him) but Emery was my second choice, so delighted, like pretty much every Villa fan right now.

It's a real signal of intent by the owners and hopefully it's the start of some exciting times, dare I say it, with a push for Europe and a cup success or two 😁 🙏

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yep… they know nothing…

For all they and we know… Unai was the prime target all along and we had been negotiating with him for quite some time…

Well done.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

100%, these journos can kid themselves all they want. Emery was the top guy for us. We’ve got the wealth to build a massive project. I am very excited for the first presser so we can shut them up. So tired of the media disrespecting us. 

You know what? I don’t mind it…

because it’s going to be all the more satisfying when we STUFF IT IN THEIR FACES! 🤣

I assume Unai feels the same…

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Responding to 

It's the same stuff you've seen everywhere. People who don't really pay much attention to what is really happening outside the top clubs. 

Tuchel was obviously not getable. While Poch, Emery and Amorim would all suit the squad we have. All have high pressing teams and don't play the Liverpool way of a back 4 with ultra attacking full backs and Midfielders who cover the fullbacks. That's the key failure of Gerrard era.

Poch, Emery and Amorim all make sense

28 minutes ago, duke313 said:

One thing I think he’ll help with. Those narrow defeats to the top 6 sides over the last 12 months. He’ll turn some of those into draws or wins.

And as stated before if he was to ever beat united in his 1st game at villa park he gets a statue from me straight from the off 😆

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â