Unai Emery

PeterSw

We know change won’t come overnight, but the joy this appointment brings us something we can truly build from. It’s not an unknown gamble. But one of real quality and ambition. If Deano got this sleeping giant back on its feet, Unai is ready to help it walk. 

• Like 2

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I don't think Emery is elite. 

He is known as an europa league coach doing best with underdog clubs rather than the huge clubs with expectations to win. 

He had only won one league title and that was with PSG. 

He is probably in the category just below elite but I'm excited to see what he can achieve here and if he can take us into Europe. 

He is a elite manager look at what he has won

Would you say poch is a elite manager? Or potter?

Emerys achived more than chelseas current manager has

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Not if you read Newcastle and Arsenal fans on Twitter.  Yesterday morning a manager like Emery would go nowhere near us, now they are saying he's crap.  Funny that. 

Eat shit Paddy Power 🤣

WE GOT UNAI!

Lots of excitement. A little unfait to set expectations,  but what do people think would be good progress over the next 2-3 years? 

For me, great  progress would be:

- Consistenrly improved performances and  value from the existing squad

- top half of the league for 2-3 year consecutive years

- cup final or two

- youth  players brought through 

- steady evolution in terms of transfers and good value (players with a lot of upside, but not necessarily huge transfers)

Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

We know change won’t come overnight, but the joy this appointment brings us something we can truly build from. It’s not an unknown gamble. But one of real quality and ambition. If Deano got this sleeping giant back on its feet, Unai is ready to help it walk. 

Yeah, I don’t want to dampen anybodys enthusiasm after a miserable couple of months but he has a tough set of opening fixtures and we might hover around the lower half of the table for a while yet but this is definitely worth plenty of time and patience and not getting on his back straight away. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He is a elite manager look at what he has won

Would you say poch is a elite manager? Or potter?

Emerys achived more than chelseas current manager has

I don't think either of these are elite. 

Though my list is very high. I'm talking multiple titles, champions leagues. Pep, Ferguson etc. 

I do the same with players. 

Just now, one_ian_taylor said:

Lots of excitement. A little unfait to set expectations,  but what do people think would be good progress over the next 2-3 years? 

- cup final or two

- steady evolution in terms of transfers and good value (players with a lot of upside, but not necessarily huge transfers)

Thoughts?

Playing with a consistent style and identity, integrating youth and experience and getting the best out of the current crop until we bring in quality replacements. First goal is to break the top 10 by next season at a minimum I feel. But he’s going to be backed hard, hence the long contract and extension option. He’s still only 50 and achieved a lot, but returns to the league to prove the Sky 6 media types wrong. But it’s a project he can fully shape and who wouldn’t want that? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

- cup final or two

Thoughts?

All of this for sure, a cup win would be huge. 

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I don't think Emery is elite. 

He is known as an europa league coach doing best with underdog clubs rather than the huge clubs with expectations to win. 

He had only won one league title and that was with PSG. 

He is probably in the category just below elite but I'm excited to see what he can achieve here and if he can take us into Europe. 

“Rather than at Huge clubs with expectations to win”

“he only won the league with PSG”

he’s done it everywhere he’s gone. 

12 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

It’s funny isn’t it but I haven’t seen one negative comment on here or on any social media platform to this appointment. Usually you see or two reservations or a counter argument at least. Just seems everyone is on board with this. Truly amazing.

What more can NSWE do to try and bring success? We have all the ingredients now surely. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I don't think either of these are elite. 

Though my list is very high. I'm talking multiple titles, champions leagues. Pep, Ferguson etc. 

I do the same with players. 

Ferguson would have been sacked by now if he was appointed. No way would he have been in post after that 1st year at utd.

Pep elite? At two of the best clubs in the world and one club with unlimited money where he still caNt win CL?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Ferguson would have been sacked by now if he was appointed. No way would he have been in post after that 1st year at utd.

Pep elite? At two of the best clubs in the world and one club with unlimited money where he still caNt win CL?

Pep has won the CL twice which is the same amount as ferguson 

8 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

- cup final or two

Thoughts?

I just want to see some performances first off.

Win, lose or draw, I want to see us with us looking like a football team and enjoy watching the majority of games, even if we lose, which we will sometimes.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I've seen plenty of "He was shit at Arsenal". 

Let's hope he's equally shit for us. 

Anyone saying that is an idiot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I've seen plenty of "He was shit at Arsenal". 

Let's hope he's equally shit for us. 

The people saying that should go and have a look at the Arsenal squad that season, it was terrible bar a few players.  Yet he managed 5th and a Europa final.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â