Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s one of the biggest frauds in management. He must be superb at job interviews. 

I think he has an excellent football mind and a great coach but hasnt got any people skills to be a manager so players wont play for him

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't think he's that great, but not that bad either.  Would be better than Gerrard though.

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'd rather stick with Gerrard.

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s one of the biggest frauds in management. He must be superb at job interviews. 

Ti GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

Not sure what contract Gerrard is on, but I imagine it will be quite expensive to get rid of him and his coaching staff.  

Where does that leave us looking for a replacement?  Does that mean we are only in the market for managers who are out of a job, as no compensation will be required.

Or would we be able to take someone already employed? Potter would fall into this category, but i'd imagine his compensation is quite low.

I seen someone mention Domenico Tedesco in a thread a few month ago, he's done pretty well with Leipzig the only issue is he plays with a back 3, so we might not have the players for it at the minute. 

Just now, duke313 said:

Not sure what contract Gerrard is on, but I imagine it will be quite expensive to get rid of him and his coaching staff.  

Where does that leave us looking for a replacement?  Does that mean we are only in the market for managers who are out of a job, as no compensation will be required.

Or would we be able to take someone already employed? Potter would fall into this category, but i'd imagine his compensation is quite low.

I seen someone mention Domenico Tedesco in a thread a few month ago, he's done pretty well with Leipzig the only issue is he plays with a back 3, so we might not have the players for it at the minute. 

He only has this year left so compensation wouldn’t be massive. But maybe it means he gets the season.

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we can spaff £20m+ on players we don’t need, then surely we could pay the required compo for a top manager. It’s kind of an important role…

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He only has this year left so compensation wouldn’t be massive. But maybe it means he gets the season.

From what I can see he signed a two and a half year contract so must have next season as well.  Probably be up to £10m to rip up his contract now. 

• Thanks 1

Why should the board once again sanction massive costs to terminate another manager? If Smith and Gerrard couldn’t get the best out of certain players the fault also lies with some of squad we have. The injury to Diego is a massive blow. 

Sacking another manager at this stage would reflect poorly again on the board. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Why should the board once again sanction massive costs to terminate another manager? If Smith and Gerrard couldn’t get the best out of certain players the fault also lies with some of squad we have. The injury to Diego is a massive blow. 

And rightfully so its clear Purslow needs to be taken to account for this

Spurs board were happy they were reflected poorly when Conte walked in the door

He has also signed 8 players since coming in he has been back. His payoff is peanuts compared to relegation financial losses

I think Hassnhuttl could be a good choice. He develops youth players, has Champions League experience and his teams try to win games

He is overachieving at Southampton with the budget he has

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think Hassnhuttl could be a good choice. He develops youth players, has Champions League experience and his teams try to win games

Really like Hasenhuttl.

Wouldn't mind that football every week, even if we get a 9-0 loss a season.

I think if he came here and tried it immediately we'd lose every game.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know that sometimes managers just run their course at clubs, but Southampton fans are looking rid of him. Should we not be aiming slightly higher than Southampton castoffs?

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Elite winning mentality I meant. Would Rodgers have got Spurs to a CL Final? No.

We're miles off that stage so not sure why it's relevant.

I just want someone to get us into 8th-10th bracket which based on spending and wage bill we really should be in shake up for. Then 6th-7th the next season just like Moyes has done at West Ham and funnily enough Rodgers at Leicester in pretty quick time. If a cup run could be thrown in one of those seasons all the more exciting.

Sucks that premier league is looking pretty open this season and we're in a completely dysfunctional state not to exploit it with one of the worst managers in the league. I think with these tools someone like Frank Lampard would be doing better than Gerrard which says it all, he won about 5 games in last 12 for Everton last season anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, a-k said:

I am just asking, so don't go all mental on me, but what would people think about AVB?

He hasn't managed in prem for 10 years now.

Jorge Sampaoli would be a more modern and intriguing coach particularly as he managed Kamara and Sanson at Marseille and you often see managers chosen if they've managed a couple in the squad before (although Houllier had fallen out with all of Friedel, Warnock and Carew when he turned up here!😂)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Considering the importance of the manager, for me that has to be the worst place to try and save money. Much rather hold back a little on player transfers (which are also a lot more costly).

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He hasn't managed in prem for 10 years now.

Jorge Sampaoli would be a more modern and intriguing coach particularly as he managed Kamara and Sanson at Marseille and you often see managers chosen if they've managed a couple in the squad before (although Houllier had fallen out with all of Friedel, Warnock and Carew when he turned up here!😂)

He's a lunatic.