Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

We've actually won three of the fifteen, over the same period Burnley played three less Premier League games than us but only have one point less in that time, we took fifteen points from our las fifteen league games whereas they took fourteen points from their last twelve Premier League games, strange thing is West Ham, Wolves, and Man Utd have all been just as bad, Southampton even worse, we could see a lot of managerial changes in the top flight this season.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Have to say something about Rodgers just puts me off. He is a decent manager and a clear upgrade on Krusty but I dont think he sets up defences very well

He's not an elite winner, lacks that cutting edge mentality (a bit similar to Smith IMO).

For example? as soon as Leicester came up against Roma and Mourinho in the EL, I just knew Leicester were going out.

Ashley Preece won't have been told anything, he's most likely just guessing, it's a fairly safe bet to say his job is safe, as it's highly unlikely that he's going to be sacked at the moment, he'll get a run of games, and saying 'he will be given plenty of time' is also a safe thing to say as 'plenty of time' is open to interpretation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

My concern is he will win enough games to avoid the sack and won’t lose enough to get the sack, so we will hover around 15th to 17th all season. He is to Purslow what McGinn is to Gerrard.

This is genuinely the stuff of nightmares! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's not an elite winner, lacks that cutting edge mentality (a bit similar to Smith IMO).

For example? as soon as Leicester came up against Roma and Mourinho in the EL, I just knew Leicester were going out.

Pochettino is not an elite winner but I suspect you would welcome him here with open arms.  In fact Rodgers has won far more in his career than Pochettino. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Pochettino is not an elite winner but I suspect you would welcome him here with open arms.  In fact Rodgers has won far more in his career than Pochettino. 

Elite winning mentality I meant. Would Rodgers have got Spurs to a CL Final? No.

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If Gerrard can't sort it out, should be after Potter.

I like both Potter and Poch. I think Poch would be easier to get as he is currently available. I don't know why I feel this way but I think Potter would not like to leave Brighton mid season

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Gerrard has elite winning mentality he’s just not very good at actually winning 🤣

He might look he has but I'm not sure he has. Hence the crucial errors in big games ;)

Elite winning mentality might be the wrong phrase but I don't know how else to explain it. But I do think Rodgers lacks something which will prevent him from being an undoubted top class manager.

Would love to be in a position to bottle top 4 with Rodgers. He has some quirks and deficiencies, but we're not at the point where they'll hold us back, far from it actually. We can't even crack the top 10 at the moment. I'd have Poch and Potter over him, but I wouldn't say no if he became our manager.

• Like 1

We have no style, we have no identity, Rogers would give us that.  He plays attractive football and is a good coach.

If he leaves Leicester he will have plenty of takers.  Has built teams at Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester.