Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Emery has a good win percentage even at a transitional Arsenal team...

He has also managed in different leagues and top teams; gives him the experience factor.

Amorim is an exciting proposition too.

I waver between the two.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Emery has a good win percentage even at a transitional Arsenal team...

He has also managed in different leagues and top teams; gives him the experience factor.

Amorim is an exciting proposition too.

I waver between the two.

Emery is probably the safest option, Amorim is more of a risk but if he's as good as people think it could be a game changer.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He's also used different tactics for PSG and Villarreal, which makes sense.

Yes as in Spain there is not as much pressing as in PL teams need to build up slower. He's an adaptable coach, but seeing how his team did over last two seasons in Europe gives an idea of how adaptable he is. He plays two 6s a lot in most of his formations 4 2 2 2 or 4 2 3 1. Which I think he would keep at Villa and which we would like

Just now, CVByrne said:

Yes as in Spain there is not as much pressing as in PL teams need to build up slower. He's an adaptable coach, but seeing how his team did over last two seasons in Europe gives an idea of how adaptable he is. He plays two 6s a lot in most of his formations 4 2 2 2 or 4 2 3 1. Which I think he would keep at Villa and which we would like

Yeah, it's clear we need to keep that double pivot. The team looked far more stable yesterday; I actually didn't feel like we were going to get cut open every time Brentford went forward.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Emery now the clear favourite, so at least some bets have been made.

The more I think about it, the more it makes better sense for us right now. Experienced manager who has made his mistakes and learnt from them. Has consistently done well in cup competitions and been successful in multiple leagues. 

I also think his tactics best fit our squad. He plays a double pivot and has consistently at Arsenal and Villareal either a 4 2 3 1 or 4 2 2 2 (or 4 4 2 with two 6s). His teams press as we saw in CL last season. He's also tactically intelligent and will change games mid game.

• Like 2