Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Wasn't Hansi-Flick the brains behind the operation?

And Löw was considered the brains behind the Klinsmann operation who started the turnaround in fortunes of the German national team in the mid 2000’s. Löw was very good for Germany until he tried to reinvent everything around 2016 or so. 

He has been out of club football for a very long time though. He’d be a massive gamble. I’d be more for a low risk appointment this time round. 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Could we get an announcement on Wednesday 👀

I suspect we will hear a good bit today about Emery and given the money involved, no Spanish club outside the top 3-4 would be able to turn it down.

Edited by HeyAnty

43 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Odds have changed since this morning: Amorim still fav but odds changed from 8/11 to 11/8 and Emery who is 2nd fav changed from 5/1 to 3/1.

If it ends up being Emery it will be a real coup.

Either of those 2 would be us landing a top target

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

What would you lot make of Joachim Löw as manager?

said before i think he's done personally, im sure he's something like 62, spent a lot of time in international management and wasnt a hugely successful club manager before that, he's not a company man as he's turned down the DFB president job and is still talking himself up for a club job but he'll do the world cup for german tv maybe get a cushy number somewhere in germany but more likely just step away from it all

villa isnt the job for him, he doesnt need it 

21 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Correct me with I’m wrong but does AVB not have history with falling out with almost every club he’s at? Chelsea, spurs and Marseille recently?

I think he fell out with Marseille because they sold a player (Sanson?) over his head and replaced him with Oliver Ntcham (I think). I'd be p*ssed off with that too tbh. I can't remember why he fell out with Chelsea and Spurs though. I assume he loss 2-3 games in a row and Roman lost the head and sacked him.

Just now, Pinebro said:

Emery didn't do spectacular at Arsenal

Arsenal had a lot of problems around then though. Technically Arteta did worse than Emery in the two seasons after him also. It took proper investment in the playing squad to turn that around. 

Just now, duke313 said:

We don't need spectacular; we just need someone who plays the players in their correct position in a formation and system that suits them.

I want an attacking coach.

Emery is too cautious for my liking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I want an attacking coach.

Emery is too cautious for my liking.

He plays a counter-attacking system with Villarreal; I think that would suit us with the pace of Bailey and Watkins on the wings.

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He plays a counter-attacking system with Villarreal; I think that would suit us with the pace of Bailey and Watkins on the wings.

Being a counter attacking team means giving the initiative to the opponent which I don't like since it's defensive by nature.

I'd like to see us take charge of games like seen yesterday and how Newcastle approach games.

Edited by Pinebro

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

said before i think he's done personally, im sure he's something like 62, spent a lot of time in international management and wasnt a hugely successful club manager before that, he's not a company man as he's turned down the DFB president job and is still talking himself up for a club job but he'll do the world cup for german tv maybe get a cushy number somewhere in germany but more likely just step away from it all

villa isnt the job for him, he doesnt need it 

Will turn up somewhere like Valencia or West Ham for about 6 months and not really have the heart for it

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Being a counter attacking team means giving the initiative to the opponent which I don't like since it's defensive by nature.

I'd like to see us take charge of games like seen yesterday and how Newcastle approach games.

He's flexible, but there are about 7 or 8 teams better than us in the league, we aren't going to be able to dominate teams like that.