Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If it was Poch, it could just have been announced yesterday. The fact they’re waiting tells me he’s in another job. So from the list of top candidates it’s possibly Amorim or Emery.

Not necessarily, if it’s Poch they probably didn’t want to take the attention away from the important game but also they will want to make a fanfare of it.  They will make it a big deal if Poch and not a small statement and thus would take time planning it and do it early week. I don’t think it’ll be Poch but I think the timing, if true, doesn’t mean the person is in a job or not, it’ll be about presenting it the media and fans.  I think still that we are no more wiser than just after sacking Gerrard who our next manager is…all very secretive.

14 minutes ago, daft said:

Honestly, a mole out of a molehill. I don't think the quote is him 'chose his words carefully' in order to not rule himself out. It's just him being media trained and saying what most people say.

Plus probably using us as leverage for a bigger salary.  Even though we are not interested, Brentford would be nervous us looking and if Frank chooses his words carefully that he hasn’t totally ruled us out (even if he has in his head) he could leverage a better contract for himself at Brentford.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If it was Poch, it could just have been announced yesterday. The fact they’re waiting tells me he’s in another job. So from the list of top candidates it’s possibly Amorim or Emery.

If it is because the next manager is already at another club, maybe because they'd be leaving their club and saying their goodbyes today? Might be worth keeping an eye on rumoured and confirmed managerial movements today, IF what Jim and Lyric guy have disclosed is true, we should have some sort of idea by the end of the day.

Edited by DeadlyDirk

Unless I’ve missed something, hasn’t it been widely reported that Poch isn’t interested in joining us? Didn’t that come from someone like Ornstein?

I think that’s as nailed on as you can get, unless like I say, I’ve missed something since.

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Unless I’ve missed something, hasn’t it been widely reported that Poch isn’t interested in joining us? Didn’t that come from someone like Ornstein?

I think that’s as nailed on as you can get, unless like I say, I’ve missed something since.

So yesterday I was going to have a burger and chips for dinner, was dead set on it.... Then I saw a picture of Chicken Fajitas and thought to my self..... Oooooh Daddy. I haven't had Fajitas for years, so I changed my mind.

Maybe Poch has decided to change to Fajitas for tea too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Hope it’s Emery as we do our business so quietly and he hasn’t really been mentioned in the media as much as others.

However, I do feel like there could be something in the Amorim rumours.

Emery is currently 2nd fav with bookies.  I know odds don't mean much but as you say it hasn't really been reported much.  Poch and Tuchel both had big articles in newspapers distancing themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Emery is currently 2nd fav with bookies.  I know odds don't mean much but as you say it hasn't really been reported much.  Poch and Tuchel both had big articles in newspapers distancing themselves.

If I remember correctly one of the things that irked him about the Newcastle role was how it was in the local Newcastle press that he was interested and could/was going to be the next manager. Maybe this is our way of mitigating that?

On top of that, if the new manager was watching us yesterday it clearly wasn't at Villa Park as then someone would have spotted him and it would have been all over the press.... AND Villareal had a game last night....

The monkey is starting to come out of the sleeve, and the jigsaw may have correct pieces to construct a new reality....

8 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

So yesterday I was going to have a burger and chips for dinner, was dead set on it.... Then I saw a picture of Chicken Fajitas and thought to my self..... Oooooh Daddy. I haven't had Fajitas for years, so I changed my mind.

On a Sunday??! You heathen

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886o7ljdhylp5mjmoch9x
mmmm fajitas

• Haha 2

Just looked on Newsnow and saw a Footballinsider "exclusive" - Ready for this? Apparently we're making a move for Vincent Kompany....

I won't link the article because it's Football Insider. It's horsep!ss.