Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Missed our chance with Potter fussing about with a manager playing the most boring style of football imaginable. Only Villa SMDH. 

As someone else noted, the best opportunity to get Potter was probably after Deano was sacked.

After that, I don't think it was every realistic.

I did say the other day that we actually had a better chance of getting Pochettino than Potter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well to be fair, the Ming's situation was us taking something out of context and running with it.

It was then proven that Tyrone wasn't actually fit.

The Sanson and Percy articles are of course accurate.

My point is, we are desperate to slant things as negatively as possible hoping it influences a desired outcome.

The stripoing the captaincy, giving it to McGinn and not having Ming's even one of the leadership role sis a valid point.

Players fall out with Managers at clubs all the time, see Abamuayeng and Arteta for example.

If we were doing well, yeah it would slightly peeve us off, but nothing of the way we are going on now.

New Regimes will always have growing pains.

I'll reiterate that this doesn't extinguish arguments for him to be sacked based on results.

For what it’s worth, if I thought we could kick on from Saturday now with Gerrard and start to beat teams regularly I would take it. The news of tuchel today and a few other teams getting rid of managers just makes things worse for us if it doesn’t work out though and that’s the worry 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Also how is Gerrards dependency on a first team coach fan speculation? He’s said it himself, Martinez in an interview said something along the lines of never seeing a coach being so involved. 

I think he was being generous, in his praise, for Beale.....I think he was mindful, not to hog the limelight, which is hard to do when the press only wnat to speak to a world name.....I think he has done extremely well to deflect that media attention, which he has no control over.

He also said, I make the final decisions......How could he do that, if he didn't have an input to coaching.

How come the pre-season results went well, with No Coach.

I think you are scrapping the barrel, mate.

Bandwagons are very easy to board....there's always room.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The Lukaku signing was probably the low point in Marina’s career but she made more good deals than bad over the years. Boehly’s first window can only be excused if he was drunk all summer.

Chelsea have brought in some real quality in this window. I would be very happy with if every player they bought had joined Villa

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

You are painting a negative picture, for reasons that belong to you.....The Bolton game is a desperate attempt to do just that.....We won away from home, these teams are well up for it, its their cup final, how many scalps, do I have to mention for it to be valid.

We had the better of West Ham for 45 minutes, but we lost, you can't have if both ways, but fair play, you try.

What we say on here is hot air......Its the management, that will decide, if he goes or stays......but this constant carping at the blokes work, is tedious.

He is a rookie manager, and that means, he was brought in for the long haul, because in the long term they believe, the qualities he showed as a player, with shine through in management.....its nothing to do with his skill as a player, its do with him as a man, what drives him etc.

No one can be happy, with his record to date, with us, but its whether he can get there in time, I believe he will.

The irony for me is, we seem to find empathy for a young up and coming player and tolerate mistakes....but because SG has legendary status as a player, few fans on here, seem to be as generous, with a rookie manager.

I think some call it double standards.

Perhaps Thomas Tuchel, is what is needed an experienced head.

Well said TRO.

• Haha 1

A real sliding doors moment. An (as expected) bad loss to City may well have seen Gerrard go, and we'd have been first in line to talk to Potter.

A shock draw for us, followed by Chelsea losing to a counter attack against the run of play in a game they'd dominated and the ship has sailed.

Will we look back on this and think we missed a golden opportunity or will we look back and be glad that we stuck with Gerrard? Next few months going to be very telling.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Missed our chance with Potter fussing about with a manager playing the most boring style of football imaginable. Only Villa SMDH. 

Exactly missed our chance with Potter. 
Need more ruthless owners. Gerrard should of gone a week ago

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

You are painting a negative picture, for reasons that belong to you.....The Bolton game is a desperate attempt to do just that.....We won away from home, these teams are well up for it, its their cup final, how many scalps, do I have to mention for it to be valid.

We had the better of West Ham for 45 minutes, but we lost, you can't have if both ways, but fair play, you try.

What we say on here is hot air......Its the management, that will decide, if he goes or stays......but this constant carping at the blokes work, is tedious.

He is a rookie manager, and that means, he was brought in for the long haul, because in the long term they believe, the qualities he showed as a player, with shine through in management.....its nothing to do with his skill as a player, its do with him as a man, what drives him etc.

No one can be happy, with his record to date, with us, but its whether he can get there in time, I believe he will.

The irony for me is, we seem to find empathy for a young up and coming player and tolerate mistakes....but because SG has legendary status as a player, few fans on here, seem to be as generous, with a rookie manager.

I think some call it double standards.

Perhaps Thomas Tuchel, is what is needed an experienced head.

I’m sorry yes I used the Bolton game, because it happened, we sent a 250 million team to play them. Call it a cup game call it whatever you want but we were desperate going into it. Also, we did not get the better of West Ham for 45 minutes IMO.  More possession doesn’t mean getting the better of them when you can’t create chances. I think we had one shot on target from 30 yards out from coutinho right into the keepers hands. Moyes then changed tactics in the second half and Gerrard was sat on his hands. What about Bournemouth? 
I had plenty of time for Gerrard when he was appointed, but it’s not working. 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As someone else noted, the best opportunity to get Potter was probably after Deano was sacked.

After that, I don't think it was every realistic.

I did say the other day that we actually had a better chance of getting Pochettino than Potter.

It's a good point. If Chelsea pass over Poch then that shows the CL clubs are going to overlook him until he proves himself again building up club like he did v Spurs.

I did read somewhere Sevilla were potentially looking at him if they sack Lopetegui so we can't really afford to wait much longer if we want to appoint a top class proven manager as next one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

hard to believe that we didnt talk to potter or at least enquire about him before gerrard

that was our chance not now

We might have tried and he didn't want to know, we don't know either way. 

• Like 1