Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, thunderball said:

I am interested and surprised by the poll results, I would have thought Poch would have polled higher. Hopeully this might give Emery a bit of good will if he signs as the view is widely held.

I think it would have if news hadn't come out that he supposedly turned us down.

I am interested and surprised by the poll results, I would have thought Poch would have polled higher. Hopeully this might give Emery a bit of good will if he signs as the view is widely held.

Not sure, but i think the reports that poch has apparently said no has affected the poll

• Like 1

I think he would have polled higher but the timing of it was when it seemed Poch had ruled us out, so I for example chose my second choice.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

after his odds collapsed from 6/1 to fav hen tweets lol

I know people hate " ITKs ", but this guy has been pretty bang on, on too much to be written off.

Yesterday he said he knew we got someone, but didn't know who. ( Most bullshitters wouldn't even admit not knowing ).

So it would seem he's now gotten the information.

He also said weeks ago that Emery was our number 1 choice.

As well as being adamant Poch wouldn't come.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I'd take Emery in a heartbeat, far better than the level of manager I worried we might be shopping at, and a far safer pair of hands than a world record fee on some bloke nobody had heard of before the weekend.

Petition to the mods to add a word filter update to change "Good ebening" to "Good evening Villatalk, just wanted to let you know that I'm a massive word removed"

• Like 1

Emery is a good choice for Villa:
PL Experience ✅ 
Won Trophies ✅
Managed big clubs and big players  ✅
Can work without a big transfer budget ✅
Can get results against so the called bigger teams ✅
Tactically flexible and plays to the strengths of the players✅

Hopefully sticks with the 4-3-2-1 he used regularly at Sevilla 

Coaches' Voice | Unai Emery: Coach Watch

Can play the Dyche 4-4-2

Villarreal 2022/23 - Their tactics in La Liga - scout report

• Like 2

Not sure if he was doing the buying at Arsenal but the transfers in his first summer didn't age well.

Leno £22m now at Fulham

Papastathopoulos £14m now at Olympiakos

Torreira £27m now at Olympiakos

Guendouzi £8m now at Marseille

=============

Martinelli £6m still at Arsenal

Saliba £27m still at Arsenal

Pepe £72m on loan at Nice

Tierney £25m still at Arsenal

Luiz £8m at Flamengo

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he would have polled higher but the timing of it was when it seemed Poch had ruled us out, so I for example chose my second choice.  

I would have been happy with either, but went with Emery. I think you are probably correct, that rumours of Poch ruling himself out did make me lean towards Emery. But I also took into consideration Emery's ability to get teams punching above their weight, and cup success at the more unfashionable teams in Spain. For Me, both Poch and Emery are still young managers with plenty to prove in the game, but both have that experience of managing bigger clubs and the pressure that brings along with experience of the PL under their belts already. I just think both of those managers tick a lot of boxes for me. 

• Like 2

Just now, Folski said:

Not sure if he was doing the buying at Arsenal but the transfers in his first summer didn't age well.

Leno £22m now at Fulham

Papastathopoulos £14m now at Olympiakos

Torreira £27m now at Olympiakos

Guendouzi £8m now at Marseille

=============

Martinelli £6m still at Arsenal

Saliba £27m still at Arsenal

Pepe £72m on loan at Nice

Tierney £25m still at Arsenal

Luiz £8m at Flamengo

Edu was

• Thanks 1