Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Poch or Amorim for me.

Tuchel and Dyche hell no!

Emery, no thanks, thought he was poor at Arsenal. 

Any manager that likes to play 3 at the back I'd be doubtful of.

Given your username that post was pretty ironic in a few ways 😂👌

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

I remember beating west Ham 3-0 under kev Mac and there being similar scenes of joy , next game we lost 6-0 at Newcastle - danks  did great today but the sooner we make a permanent appointment the better 

I agreed with this but then realised we only have 3 games left! They really don’t need to to rush this next appointment. It’s more important to get it right than get it done quickly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm sure i'm not the only one who looks at the table, and silently cries a little inside thinking how much better off we could have been at this stage.

Now we need a winning run and some " shock " results just to be able to contend for what we thought we could target this season.

Or even mid table for that matter.

Bournemout, Forest, Fulham - 1 point. Crazy. We should conceivably be on 20 points now with our start to the season just from those 3 fixtures alone.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Sporting play Spurs on Wednesday. Will Amorim still be in charge 👀

I think so! I don't think we will get him unfortunately. He's above us
Gallardo and Kjetil Knutsen are gettable 

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Aaron Danks first Premier League game......Gerrard has nearly 550 Premier League games

Can we end this that we need some proven Premier League experience going forward

The important thing is always quality. Yes, a quality manager can have zero Premier League experience, but if they have showed their quality in the PL it is more likely they would be good as Villa manager.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Sporting play Spurs on Wednesday. Will Amorim still be in charge 👀

Report that PSG is also interested in Amorim. I read somewhere that he turned down PSG to replace Pochettino this summer. Now Amorim maybe have to chose between Villa and PSG.

9 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I think so! I don't think we will get him unfortunately. He's above us
Gallardo and Kjetil Knutsen are gettable 

I’d say Gallardo would get nosebleeds if he steeped outside Argentina he’s there so long. 

Would of just saved us a lot of trouble getting rid of Gerrard the end of last season or after the first game against Bournemouth. We all knew deep down he wasn't good enough.
Now our top choices are stuck in jobs they don't want to leave(Amorim) or moved on already on(Potter). 
Might be best to stick with Danks as Interim manager until 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Southgate? 😶

Aldgate, Bishopsgate, Moorgate, Cripplegate, Aldersgate, Newgate and Ludgate are other gates in London. Not sure why you want to discuss London gates in this thread?

• Haha 1