Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

14 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Before Fulham the guy was literally saying we should keep Gerrard because we were only 6 points off Europe.

Tim is an absolute troll.

Well he also said it was too early to have sacked Gerrard so basically just covered all bases.

15 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Today proved Danks was brought in due to his very good reputation as a coach who could do things with youth and potential transition, judging from his England U21s work. It also proves that Gerrard would only listen to his pals and not the coaches already there. Make some wonder if Delaney left  or was pushed by slippy and his pals. I get a vibe they were, like when Gary Mac was here before, a bunch of bullies. The red flags for me about the appointment was that Gary Mac was coming back.

I know he didn't use youth today, but he was brought in under Smith and the ethos was promotion of the kids.

Hopefully he can continue to work with Youth. One thing Amorim had to do at Sporting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No thanks. Remember what happened to mcdonald? Battered everton then what happened next? We lost 6-0 to the people we are playing next week.

Danks done a great job and i wnat him kept here. But not for me as manager too much of a gamble

Agree. Today the players were liberated and wanting to prove themselves to everyone. The mood won’t stay like that. We need to get a manager in, keeping a caretaker too long because the team does well at first is a classic mistake.

• Like 3

I’m confident that the players know this is a very short term transition and want to impress the new boss. Danks will probably only be in charge for one more game if we don’t already have something in place. We know how quick and quiet we operate.

I think its gonna be a big ask for danks on weekend. Its afree hit but i don't want him to be getting too much heat on him as he has been thrown into deep end with minimal support

Hopefully we get a announcement this week and have mew guy in for utd game. Imagine new guys 1st game a win at villa park against a team we havent beaten in over 10 years at home. Talk about what dreams are made of

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its gonna be a big ask for danks on weekend. Its afree hit but i don't want him to be getting too much heat on him as he has been thrown into deep end with minimal support

Hopefully we get a announcement this week and have mew guy in for utd game. Imagine new guys 1st game a win at villa park against a team we havent beaten in over 10 years at home. Talk about what dreams are made of

EDIt: You're talking about the cup.

My bad

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sadly it's 27 years if you ignore a League Cup win against Fergie's third team plus Bosnich in 1999.

1 minute ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Sadly it's 27 years if you ignore a League Cup win against Fergie's third team plus Bosnich in 1999.

Ita unbelievable. Gerrard **** should have ended that hoodoo last season as utd were hopeless. Hoping new mamagee bounce ends this rotten record 

• Like 1

If we do go all in for Amorim it won't be a total punt/ flavour of the month move. 

NSWE were looking at a Portuguese club to invest in, ultimately opting for Vitoria Guimaraes.  If they've been following the game there, they'll know one of the more charismatic managers in the league. And what he has achieved for a (usually) underperforming big club in a relatively short space of time. 

Amorim seems to take a more academic approach to the game as well, qualifications in psychomotor therapy, which is supposedly based on a 'holistic view of human beings that considers each individual as a unity of physical, emotional and cognitive actualities.'  Of course.   So he's closer to a Potter-type, rather than Stevie G's 'look me in the eye' nonsense. In short, he values the individual. And will try and get the best out of them, rather than trying to play real life Championship Manager and burn through a whole raft of new signings. 

An intriguing option. 

FWIW, I'd still hope for a Mancini or similar.  But I could get behind this. 

I'm sure i'm not the only one who looks at the table, and silently cries a little inside thinking how much better off we could have been at this stage.

Now we need a winning run and some " shock " results just to be able to contend for what we thought we could target this season.

Or even mid table for that matter.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

I have a suspicion it’ll end up being Pochettino. Not sure why. Mentioned from the start and faded to a whimper with only one or two mumbling as he might not be interested. 

It’s all very quiet. Suspiciously quiet. I would not be surprised to see him holding up the Villa shirt come the end of this.