Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just finished watching the Villarreal game so here it goes:

Weekend Manager watch

Unai Emery- Villarreal just didn't play well today but snatched the win with the last kick of the game against relegation fighting Almeria. Villareal are currently 7th on 18 points. It might not be pretty football but Emery does know how to get results.  Odds 5/1

Rúben Amorim- Changed the game with his subs at h/t where Sporting CP won 3-1 against surprise season high flyers Casa Pia (His former club). Just 3 points behind Porto in the league now. I loved the high tempo and triangles his side played. End to end game. Odds 8/11 (Favourite)

Kjetil Knutsen- Guided his side Bodø/Glimt to a 5-0 win to take them second in the table. Molde look like they've tied up the title but Bodø still massively punching above their weight. Didn't watch this one. Odds 25/1

Aaron Danks- You know the story. New entry in the odds at 16/1

Edited by messi11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bose said:

That lyric guy seems adamant that Amorim won’t be our manager

I noted, a couple of weeks ago, he claimed Emery was our number one target.

Today he claims, we've already signed a new Manager but he doesn't know who it is.

The Emery link has been the absolute quietest, the way we work I could see it being plausible.

I've also randomly wondered if it could be something audacious and out the Blue like Gallardo.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Today he claims, we've already signed a new Manager but he doesn't know who it is.

The Emery link has been the absolute quietest, the way we work I could see it being plausible.

I've also randomly wondered if it could be something audacious and out the Blue like Gallardo.

Gallardo plays his final game tonight with River Plate

• Like 1

I think for the squad we have and for where we are in the Premier League standing atm, Emery definitely makes sense. Solidify us this year and then provide funding to kick us on next year. Emery for me is the best risk/reward scenario. 

Amorim is certainly exciting but it doesn't feel like the right time to take that type of gamble, however, we may not get another opportunity. High risk but high potential. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also any time he’s played the Emery link down it’s more of a timing thing vs a rejection 

27 minutes ago, messi11 said:

-Won the Portuguese Cup with Braga beating Benfica and Porto on the way
-Won the Portuguese League with Sporting their first title in 19 years
-Won 2 Portuguese cups with Sporting 
-Impressive results in the Champions Leagues for Sporting against the likes of Man City, Spurs and Dortmund
-Managed on a low budget with a club with financial issues
-Where the existing first-team squad did not have the players able to make his 3-4-3 system work, he promoted youngsters from Sporting’s respected academy
-Made instant impacts at Braga B, Braga and Sporting. Did not need time.

Thats enough for me…hire him 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or...

0_Sunderland-v-Everton-Barclays-Premier-League-Stadium-of-Light.thumb.jpg.0867752ea5dff243e2de206f395a84f6.jpg

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Give it Danksy till end of season

No thanks. Remember what happened to mcdonald? Battered everton then what happened next? We lost 6-0 to the people we are playing next week.

Danks done a great job and i wnat him kept here. But not for me as manager too much of a gamble

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Weekend Manager watch

Unai Emery- Villarreal just didn't play well today but snatched the win with the last kick of the game against relegation fighting Almeria. Villareal are currently 7th on 18 points. It might not be pretty football but Emery does know how to get results.  Odds 5/1

Rúben Amorim- Changed the game with his subs at h/t where Sporting CP won 3-1 against surprise season high flyers Casa Pia (His former club). Just 3 points behind Porto in the league now. I loved the high tempo and triangles his side played. End to end game. Odds 8/11 (Favourite)

Kjetil Knutsen- Guided his side Bodø/Glimt to a 5-0 win to take them second in the table. Molde look like they've tied up the title but Bodø still massively punching above their weight. Didn't watch this one. Odds 25/1

Worth noting Emery and Villarreal had 10 men for good portion of the match. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Weekend Manager watch

Make sure to watch River Plate, KO 9pm UK time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

So many ITK’s, it’s hard to know who the best one is :lol: 

Aye they all know nowt. Put em where they belong. The club will let us know when the deal is done with whoever.

Meanwhile its fun to speculate.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=cfee4fcf16d65fd

Edited by ciggiesnbeer