Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He wouldn't be told what the plan is obviously. He'd be given the job and if he got us up to 10th or 11th and we did say move for Poch in summer and he was open to taking over then Dyche reputation is enhanced and he gets his contract paid up. He could over achieve and do what Howe has done at Newcastle and we give him a contract extension. 

What so we dupe dyche hahaha, is this a joke? 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Dyche would mean they could close off half the stadium while rebuilding and no one would bother. Guess there is always that.

Dyche working out is not a sure thing IMO

Agreed. If they appoint him I will stick to my word and just abandon Villa for a while. I love the club and will always support it, but **** me if I keep spending money on a club that keeps insisting on either repeating all the same old mistakes or just can't lift themselves out the gutters. I'll just follow from afar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

It’s been 48 hours. Chill out.

In fairness there could be a strategic reason not to announce immediately  even if you have someone lined up. From a media and PR perspective, if we had appointed someone on Thursday or Friday, the sacking of SG could have been portrayed as unreasonable in the media, since he was obviously going no matter what the result was against Fulham. Now we can play the umbrage card after the defeat and the media won't vilify us. 

I can guarantee, though, that we have been working on this for some time, even if we have not yet formalised a signature.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Dyche’s win percentage in both his last jobs is only 2% more than Gerrard (35%). 

We can all agree to disagree on who the next person should be, but please, let’s not pretend Dyche is the messiah and he’s guaranteed to keep us up. 

I think there a whole of missing context in this comparison. if we wanna talk purely winning percentages, why not go for OGS?

4 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Dyche’s win percentage in both his last jobs is only 2% more than Gerrard (35%). 

We can all agree to disagree on who the next person should be, but please, let’s not pretend Dyche is the messiah and he’s guaranteed to keep us up. 

And that includes a spell in the Championship

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think there a whole of missing context in this comparison. if we wanna talk purely winning percentages, why not go for OGS?

I actually don't think we've seen the end of OGS as a coach. That Man U team was horrible, and the fan's expectations extremely high under the circumstances. I reckon he'll do OK once he picks himself up with a lower team/league. 

11 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Well that’s kind of my point. What’s the context? 

Some don’t want to take a risk on someone like Amorim, instead preferring a ‘safe pair of hands’ like Dyche. My point is he isn’t that safe at all. We’re just choosing to watch paint dry because he has, what, experience winning 3 in 10 in this league? 

This is all kind of a moot point in fairness. We aren’t going for Dyche. He is not what the owners are looking for. You don’t go from offering Pochettino £10m a year to Dyche in a matter of 48 hours. 

Edited by Sam3773

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I actually don't think we've seen the end of OGS as a coach. That Man U team was horrible, and the fan's expectations extremely high under the circumstances. I reckon he'll do OK once he picks himself up with a lower team/league. 

Like Cardiff maybe 😛

• Haha 1

Not too concerned at the moment. It was a spur of the moment decision by Nassef but you know what. Most of us would have pushed the button in the same circumstances. It was more dangerous to keep him in post than sack him. And it proves that Nassef does really care still.  We will have about 15 first team squad members not at the world cup. Plenty of time to find the right man and to throw money at him if he doesnt bite straightaway.