Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Bielsa is absolutely not a poor manager. He achieved impressive things with a poor Leeds thing. Did what we could not and got automatic promotion from the Championship, then went and finished above us in the Premier League, all with much less money to spend, and inferior players who have since been found out.

He's a good manager who is tactically stubborn and just didn't want to compromise on his principles. Even still, with better players at his disposal and more money to spend, he could have made Leeds a real force.

Let’s agree to disagree on that.

Anyway I’m off to the ground now.  

Aaron Danks Claret and Blue Army!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I never said he wasn't bright or didn't understand deeply why his football works. I just hate it. 

Yep, this is where I am, I hate the bloke! Shrugged off what happened to Wes, was it "its football, its how it goes"?! Like hell! It was a fcukjng awful tackle and not the 1st time he had done it! 

Just now, calcifer said:

Yep, this is where I am, I hate the bloke! Shrugged off what happened to Wes, was it "its football, its how it goes"?! Like hell! It was a fcukjng awful tackle and not the 1st time he had done it! 

I don't hate him, I don't hate anyone (maybe Putin). I just think he’ll set our technical and commercial development as a club back 10 years. 

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I don't hate him, I don't hate anyone (maybe Putin). I just think he’ll set our technical and commercial development as a club back 10 years. 

Maybe hate Is the wrong word, I don't like him or his style of play. It's awful and would as you say set the club back years. You know he would want Mee, he was his Mr reliable. I just couldn't cheer that spunk trumpet on in a Villa Shirt! 

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Bielsa is absolutely not a poor manager. He achieved impressive things with a very ordinary Leeds team. Did what we could not and got automatic promotion from the Championship, then went and finished above us in the Premier League, all with much less money to spend, and inferior players who have since been found out.

He's a good manager who is tactically stubborn and just didn't want to compromise on his principles. Even still, with better players at his disposal and more money to spend, he could have made Leeds a real force.

I agree he’s not a poor manager, but his stubbornness with his principles means that there’s always going to be a limit to what he can achieve. Best case scenario is what happened with leeds, but could just as easily go immediately tits up like what happened with lille.

I think Dyche on a year and a half contract makes sense to me. We can move for a bigger name manager in the Summer if we want to. Look at what Spurs did with Conte. Dyche gets us up to 10th or 11th we're a better prospect for a manager to come in with a summer window to spend

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Dyche on a year and a half contract makes sense to me. We can move for a bigger name manager in the Summer if we want to. Look at what Spurs did with Conte. Dyche gets us up to 10th or 11th we're a better prospect for a manager to come in with a summer window to spend

Why would Dyche agree to that?

We just gave an unqualified clown a 3.5 year contract

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I agree he’s not a poor manager, but his stubbornness with his principles means that there’s always going to be a limit to what he can achieve. Best case scenario is what happened with leeds, but could just as easily go immediately tits up like what happened with lille.

It could. I'm not saying I want him, just that he's not a poor manager as Nick has claimed.

He's definitely a wrong'un though and we don't need that

Anyone with a tendency for mardiness is a risk while Purslow keeps sticking his beak into footballing business. Not sure Bielsa would take too kindly to a Christian pep talk before a game. 

Edited by Sam3773

Just now, Zatman said:

Why would Dyche agree to that?

He wouldn't be told what the plan is obviously. He'd be given the job and if he got us up to 10th or 11th and we did say move for Poch in summer and he was open to taking over then Dyche reputation is enhanced and he gets his contract paid up. He could over achieve and do what Howe has done at Newcastle and we give him a contract extension. 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Danks is better than Dyche. We can keep him until the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Just seen Conte’s interview on Sky Sport. Definitely sounds like he’d walk away at any minute if he’s not backed. Poch would be crazy to take us as if there is a chance Spurs job will be available in 6 months.

If Conte walked because he’s not back by Levy, Poch would smart to steer clear, as he will probably face the same lack of supper fm Levy, Conte. At least here he knows he will definitely be back

Dyche would mean they could close off half the stadium while rebuilding and no one would bother. Guess there is always that.

Dyche working out is not a sure thing IMO

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He wouldn't be told what the plan is obviously. He'd be given the job and if he got us up to 10th or 11th and we did say move for Poch in summer and he was open to taking over then Dyche reputation is enhanced and he gets his contract paid up. He could over achieve and do what Howe has done at Newcastle and we give him a contract extension. 

What if the team don’t take to Dyche tactics? And we end up finishing 16th? Is Poch gonna come then?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

If Conte walked because he’s not back by Levy, Poch would smart to steer clear, as he will probably face the same lack of supper fm Levy, Conte. At least here he knows he will definitely be back

Conte walked away from a league winning Inter team. It wouldn’t take much for him to leave Spurs. Poch might not necessarily find that unacceptable.

23 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

It looks like NSWE didn't have anyone solid lined up then, let's hope this doesn't drag on for ages or we end up with a 3rd or 4th choice

It’s been 48 hours. Chill out.

• Thanks 3