Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just seen Conte’s interview on Sky Sport. Definitely sounds like he’d walk away at any minute if he’s not backed. Poch would be crazy to take us as if there is a chance Spurs job will be available in 6 months.

Poch had gone well off the boil at spuds. The fans forget how quickly they wanted him gone when it all went south. 

I'd be surprised if Poch went back to spuds because as most clubs find out, part 2 is generally never as good as part one when it comes to manager returns. We've seen it ourselves first hand. 

54 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The only thing I’m sure about is that nobody knows anything. There are no stories by reliable journalists, just clickbait largely rehashed clickbait from other clickbait. This is the way we operate under NSWE and there has only been two exceptions. The first one was the appointment of Slippy G because Purslow was wetting himself with excitement. The second was the none signing of Sarr which was very strange but funnily enough was apparently pulled by Slippy. 

Like a lot of us I constantly check Newsnow and Oddschecker when we’re in a situation such as this. As I say there are no new stories and probably as a result of this the odds have barely changed for a couple of days. NSWE have properly got everything locked down. Frustrating though this is, it offers hope of work ongoing with possibly good news to come. It also begs the question is Purslow out of the loop or just under serious threat if he can’t keep his mouth shut? Either way he could be signing on with a pen his hand next to  his pal in the morning. 

Purslow, seems good at what he does....but like many like him, can't resist the box office, side of the job.

He drifts in to area's, a strong, savvy driven, Sporting Director, would politely, question his involvement, and passively direct him back to his commerical activities.

I don't profess to know enough of the warts'n all, in the club to be making hard and fast claims......but I do smell a rat.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

People keep mentioning patience like we got rid of SG after three months. He had a full year, two transfer windows, a bunch of cash and we look worse than we did when he started. 

If the new guy comes in, spends £100m and we're in the drop zone this time next year, playing boring football that's devoid of any identiable system and with player morale at rock bottom, then yes I think our patience will run out. But I don't think that's unreasonable.

Drop zone in the championship isn't worth considering! 

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

I think it is increasingly unusual. Especially to find a young head coach in that guise. But the coaches at the Sky 6, I think they're all intimately involved in the technical parts of the game. Which is a big change from the type of coach that was about when Gerrard started his career, a bit further removed from the day to day, an oversee-er rather than a do-er. 

Do you know that, or just speculating?....because a modern day manager, has so many aspects to cover, far more than the old school managers,so I have my doubts, about how much time, they can devote to coaching.

Thats not mitigating SG's miserable return of results, it just establishing what goes on.

1 hour ago, leighavfc said:

I think it's clear that Poch and Tuchel are in most of our top 3 choices. Going off the rumours it sounds like both of them have turned us down or are not keen. The more I think about it, the more I think they are just out of reach for us this time round. A week ago I thought they would be gettable with the project and everything else we can offer but now I'm just not sure either would take it.

What project?

I would love to know what our project actually is because I've got no clue.

No identity, no clear strategy, no culture.

It's depressing at the moment, most of the better managers are all ruling themselves out, gonna be left with the likes of Dyche/Parker/Rafa... May as well bring big Sam in, Jesus! 

Edited by calcifer
Spell check changed Rafa!

Damn, Gerrard really has sucked all the optimism out of this club. That people are actually wanting Dyche to come in when there is a whole host of managers we could get out of work or from abroad.

One of the biggest complaints from fans the last few months was Gerrard’s boring pragmatic football, you people really want Dycheball here for the rest of the season?

• Like 2

I'd be happy with André Villas-Boas if he's interested. He's previously managed Sanson and Kamara, decent football, PL experience, gives youth a chance and he has a fancy foreign name that sounds similar to 'Villa's boss'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just seen Conte’s interview on Sky Sport. Definitely sounds like he’d walk away at any minute if he’s not backed. Poch would be crazy to take us as if there is a chance Spurs job will be available in 6 months.

I think the greatest chance of us getting Poch would be if Spurs announced a new contract for Conte in the next couple days. His reputation with the top teams took a hit with his PSG spell, and I think Spurs are currently his best option for an immediate return to a Champions League level team,  which I think is the one he's holding out for.

16 minutes ago, calcifer said:

It's depressing at the moment, most of the better managers are all ruling themselves out, gonna be left with the likes of Dyche/Parker/Rafa... May as well bring big Sam in, Jesus! 

Let's not go over the top. We know nothing, just like the media.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because he’s a poor manager

Bielsa is absolutely not a poor manager. He achieved impressive things with a very ordinary Leeds team. Did what we could not and got automatic promotion from the Championship, then went and finished above us in the Premier League, all with much less money to spend, and inferior players who have since been found out.

He's a good manager who is tactically stubborn and just didn't want to compromise on his principles. Even still, with better players at his disposal and more money to spend, he could have made Leeds a real force.

Edited by est1874