Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

What were the comments out of interest?

Think this is going back a bit, he basically said Gerrard wasn't really involved and everything stemmed from Beale. He said it in a chat with Ben Foster and it wasn't meant as a slight, but gave cause for concern! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On another note, if it's true that AVB is " keen " I'm not sure why so many are against the idea, and would even prefer Dyche over him.

Won't pretend to have followed his career closely after leaving England, but he seems to have done ok?

His main issue would appear to be being a bit fiery.

Also, knows Sanson and Kamara well.

If all top targets aren't immediately attainable, surely we could do worse?

I’d be more than happy with AVB. I wouldn’t listen to stuff on here about this as a lot on here turned their noses up at Potter and Howe. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I just think we are slightly better than we are showing.  Gerrard didn’t get anything out of these players.  Start getting a bit out of these players and we’ll be mid table, that’s all I think.  

I just think those that were fans of Gerrard close to the end are feeling a little flat now and in some ways think Gerrard wasn’t a significant factor of where we are today.  If they concede he was then it shows we may be a bit better than showing which means a few points higher at least which gets closer to midtable.

you might be refering to me Nick.😀

I am sad, it didn't work out for SG, and I am sad for the club too, because, we haven't made many friends with the manner of his sacking......albeit after that debacle, I could empathise with Naz's reaction.....and I said he had to go during the match.

I am sincerely hoping, it is all on SG, like I was hoping it was all on DS....I now have suspicions, it was not all on DS.....I saw similar current traits in this team, I saw under Dean Smith amd I think a number of players, by their perfomances, was instrumental in both managers losing their jobs.

Like sheepy, I have doubts about some of these players.

as you know, I was pleased with the SG appointment, for reasons I have regulary documented......but with the aid of time, I think there are more issues, than we think.

I will be highly delighted, if my unsubstantiated suspicions are unfounded.....and if the new man, resusitates a desire, in the team, by doing the sort of things, many fans crave.....I will say Bravo.

I think, losing a manager, under the circumstances we have, is bound to make any fan flat, whether they supported SG or not.....The club has not come out of this well, despite the decision being inevitable.....He knew he was gone, while the game unfolded, such was the display.

I still feel, satisfied, in my support for him, until the very end, just like SB.....and I was sad to see Dean Smith go, despite my reservations about certain aspects of our make up, which I now feel SG didn't change either......which by deduction, gives me suspicions about aspects of this team.

I sincerey hope the next guy, can allay my fears, of some of the players and get a fully functioning TEAM, from this squad.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Because he’s vastly overrated and would burn everyone out and quit on his bucket again 

Maybe a wee bit over the top there. He's good at one style of play, it's just that when he comes up against a team who can confound a high press he's got no plan B. That said, I wouldn't want him here.

18 minutes ago, Dale said:

Think this is going back a bit, he basically said Gerrard wasn't really involved and everything stemmed from Beale. He said it in a chat with Ben Foster and it wasn't meant as a slight, but gave cause for concern! 

You are right.....but SG naively said it himself, so it was not deemed confidential.

Its not as unusual as some are making out.....There are degree's of involvement of Managers coaching....some big names, were not that involved....they don't have to be involved in the mundane stuff, they oversee.

I think where the main issue lies, is the manager must be savvy on whats right and whats wrong in the coaching, he is the director......as long as the philosophy, is followed, the mundane stuff, can be done by assistants.

I am not saying SG is known for great coaching, where my doubts come in, is in relation to the playing staff, being balanced enough, for the coaching, to be followed.

just one example of many.

I.e......If during a game a ball, requires to be headed and the player, has a low skill set, for such an action.....how is that a coaching, issue.......unless of course, rigerous training has been carried out, on such actions.

I have seen flaws, in players make-up, that question, whether a coaching issue can be blamed.....is a poor first touch a coaching issue? or a training issue? or player incompetence?

I watch other teams and their appreciation of aerial balls is in stark contrast to ours.......headed balls, can change direction of play, release forward runs, disrupt opposition oraganisation, and score goals.

I think there is more to whats wrong with us, than just one element, alone.

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

Dyche gets a bad rep due to how he had to play with his resources at hand. Give me a team who will fight and bully a their way to a win right now.

Burnley also played some decent football at time. Dyche knew what they were and how to get that to compete.

Hes a big character and I’d be happy with him.

I think Dyche is probably considered more negatively was his reaction to the Wesley incident. He sort of shrugged it off

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Just seen Conte’s interview on Sky Sport. Definitely sounds like he’d walk away at any minute if he’s not backed. Poch would be crazy to take us as if there is a chance Spurs job will be available in 6 months.

Depends how many bridges Levy burned last time?

40 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Because he’s vastly overrated and would burn everyone out and quit on his bucket again 

would be good entertainment at half time.

220px-Buckethead_Syracuse.jpg.e1ea0de922204dfc5b3791cf2688c19f.jpg

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I don’t understand the Dyche hate? I’m not saying he’s a good fit, but he’s the only person in the running outside Poch and Tuchel who’ve taken a PL team to Europe.

I get Burnley were one dimensional, but what made them successful if not the manager? Certainly wasn’t a glut of financial investment and star players. 

There is a good chance our too targets are beyond us.  Do we have to wait until after the world cup for emery?  We could be finished by then.  

If poch, tuchel, amorim, etc etc are ruling themselves out and we are working down the list then. Dyche isnt a bad option.  

For me it's about risk and reward and Dyche would be low risk and would get us to safety.  He's likeable too and think he could unite the dressing room again and get the best out of what we've got

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its not as unusual as some are making out..

I think it is increasingly unusual. Especially to find a young head coach in that guise. But the coaches at the Sky 6, I think they're all intimately involved in the technical parts of the game. Which is a big change from the type of coach that was about when Gerrard started his career, a bit further removed from the day to day, an oversee-er rather than a do-er.