Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So if you believe the press that's all the main targets said no.

I had perhaps wrongly assumed we had progressed a deal and it was almost done before firing Gerrard. Clearly not.

Excellent work!

It seems clear Purslow had planned to keep Gerrard and had not spoken to any candidates.

But then Sawiris lost it and Gerrard was out. And now Villa risk being turned down by candidates in the media, every day.

• Like 1

I'd love Poch, 

Tuchel and Emery are both extremely proven but I can't exactly say they are exciting.

Rodgers and Frank, don't dislike either, but the timing doesn't make sense, Rodgers doesn't seem in a good place and Frank still have a little to prove.

Benitez and Dyche are just the new Allardyce Pulis Bruce Pardew. Do not want.

As for the others I just don't follow enough football outside of Villa to know, I'd love it if we could find the next big thing, but the reality is our track record with managers especially foreign ones is questionable at best.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lads.

I think we can rest assured, we ain't signing Sean Dyche.

Never say that. I still remember the McLeish thread and all those layed bets.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think they reacted to how toxic it became at Fulham and how truly dreadful the performance was. I’d like to think they had at least starting putting the feelers out before then though because it was clearly on the cards.

Based on the report that Sawiris stormed off during the match against Fulham, it’s possible that the owners was kept in the dark how bad thing where by Purslow. I’m convinced that Purslow had no intention to replace his friend Gerrard, that means the club didn’t have any feelers out there. Maybe the owners had some idea how bad things where and had started looking on their own, we maybe never know. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

All the press  reports about potential managers turning us down, go on to reveal their source as being another press report. I’m not overly convinced. 

Yep, no quotes, no references to people and generally back to one or two original reports.  We don’t know even if we’ve approached those said individuals.  We may have been turned down by one or two but I very much doubt we have approached and been turned down by loads.  

The bookies are guessing, the media pundits are guessing and also saying who wouldn’t come to us without knowing.  

We just know that Villa are very good at secrets and we generally have no idea until the last minute or until it’s announced.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For what it's worth.

Lyric/Joey has been adamant Emery is our first choice for a couple weeks.

he's said that's unlikely and as of now there are no firm names in the frame

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

At best as an excuse I think you can say he's shit the bed over Newcastle and lost his patience over bringing youngsters through and gone with poorly scouted older heads

And it's failed

The next manager will have Ramsey and Tim to factor in next summer maybe KKH and a.n.other too, that's where we have to be different, not in buying £40m shite every transfer window

Proven record of developing youngsters or players just entering their prime not someone who just wants to chuck money at players, especially not someone who wants to chuck money at established PL players

Which is why Purslow should be replaced asap. He’s  allowed this, you could even say instigated this whole fiasco, worse he’s been the driving force in this continuing way after it had obviously failed. 

If we are now struggling to attract a manager after faffing about for weeks, while we slid down the table, then the extent of the damage is potentially longer term than we feared. He needs removing quickly with someone capable of moving the club forward. 

Just now, viivvaa66 said:

Based on the report that Sawiris stormed off during the match against Fulham, it’s possible that the owners was kept in the dark how bad thing where by Purslow. I’m convinced that Purslow had no intention to replace his friend Gerrard, that means the club didn’t have any feelers out there. Maybe the owners had some idea how bad things where and had started looking on their own, we maybe never know. 

They watch the games, they knew well before how bad it was.  I don’t buy they didn’t know, maybe they were just holding off a bit longer until they had secured the replacement which maybe close but the Fulham game was so bad Sawiris had enough!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

It’s looking more and more like that. We’ve got what we all wanted though, Gerrard is gone.

27 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

This is it really. People have a go at Lange for bad recruitment, but since Purslow appointed Gerrard the recruitment and strategy has clearly been led by Gerrard and any previous long term strategy has been ripped up. Just think about the Sarr deal that Gerrard supposedly torpedoed for example. We really did go all in on Gerrard when he rocked up with his 20 staff. Just too bad he has turned out to be a charlatan all along. I bet Lange has felt very marginalised during Gerrard reign.

The strategy showed signs of collapsing before that anyway, Ings is the prime example but even Sanson who was signed the previous January as a major signing has been a total disaster. Things obviously accelerated further with Gerrard at the helm but I think it’s fair to question the recruitment strategy and decisions of the club / board