Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

See the post I just made - if Gerrard's plan didn't match our long term plan, why did we bring him in, then watch while he did this? Who was approving his decisions?

Something **** stinks, and I'm not convinced we've got to the cause of the rot yet.

Purslow. 

Just now, messi11 said:

If we cant get Amorim I would just give the job to Aaron Danks until the end of the season! 

In Aaron Danks we trust 

Let's hope he's entrusted someone else to coach the strikers as his own coaching of them has been nothing short of amateurish.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Let's hope he's entrusted someone else to coach the strikers as his own coaching of them has been nothing short of amateurish.

We will beat Brentford tomorrow!

• Like 2

Just now, Pissflaps said:

So if you believe the press that's all the main targets said no.

I had perhaps wrongly assumed we had progressed a deal and it was almost done before firing Gerrard. Clearly not.

Excellent work!

The press are never right about us so don’t worry

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So if you believe the press that's all the main targets said no.

I had perhaps wrongly assumed we had progressed a deal and it was almost done before firing Gerrard. Clearly not.

Excellent work!

I think they reacted to how toxic it became at Fulham and how truly dreadful the performance was. I’d like to think they had at least starting putting the feelers out before then though because it was clearly on the cards.

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Purslow. 

At best as an excuse I think you can say he's shit the bed over Newcastle and lost his patience over bringing youngsters through and gone with poorly scouted older heads

And it's failed

The next manager will have Ramsey and Tim to factor in next summer maybe KKH and a.n.other too, that's where we have to be different, not in buying £40m shite every transfer window

Proven record of developing youngsters or players just entering their prime not someone who just wants to chuck money at players, especially not someone who wants to chuck money at established PL players

26 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Villa’s plans for the first team since the takeover has been to do one thing, and when trouble comes do the opposite. Then if someone influential is openly critical, maybe try a third solution.

That’s not what people usually mean by strategy.

If you changed a couple of words you could post exactly this to the off topic politics threads about the government.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

The press are never right about us so don’t worry

All the press  reports about potential managers turning us down, go on to reveal their source as being another press report. I’m not overly convinced.