Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Taking him because he's a well known name based on where he was before and not where he is now

He's dying on his ass at Leicester

I presume Klopp’s out too?

Too early for me to have a favourite, I like to go through an elinination process to narrow it down before I come to a 1st choice, the first deffinate NO is Ruben Amorim, he is greatly lacking in experience, and what little experience he does have is managing a club in Portugal, having lived there for 15 years I can tell you that winning the league there in his second year is on a par with Gerrard winning the Scottish league with Rangers. The Scottish league is only ever a battle between 2 clubs, the Portuguese league is only ever a battle between 3 clubs, he has no experience with week to week preasure games, most of the teams he will have come up against as a manager would struggle in the English championship. We need a PROVEN manager, he has no more experience than Gerrard and the Premier league would be like throwing someone in at the deep end who cant swim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Taking him because he's a well known name based on where he was before and not where he is now

He's dying on his ass at Leicester

So you are going to judge him because of 2 poor months after owners refusing to invest despite him telling them they needed to freshen up the squad?

We're gonna forget all the years of good work he has done with them including two 5th place finishes + an Fa Cup.

Only as good as your last game, yeah?

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Translation -

Mauricio Pocchetino, the eternal candidate for the Real Madrid bench, will be the new coach of Aston Villa

Who has tired of waiting seems to be Pochettino, because the same midfielder ensures that he is the best positioned to sit at Villa Park. The club would have offered him a contract of about 10 million euros per year for him and about 100 million euros to invest in the winter market, which should allow his team to breathe easier and, at least, not suffer to save him. Aston Villa has little to do with Real Madrid, but Pochettino prefers to take a step back to try to take two forwards.

• Shocked 2

Just now, Pinebro said:

So you are going to judge him because of 2 poor months after owners not refusing to invest?

We're gonna forget all the years of good work he has done with them including two 2nd place finishes + an Fa Cup.

Only as good as your last game, yeah?

Rodgers is on the slow decline imo, he's peaked and his career trajectory is downwards, he's gone a bit stale

Add to that because of the lack of investment Leicester are a demotivated squad that he can't get a tune out of, they're better than bottom of the league but where does he have them?

6 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I presume Klopp’s out too?

Yes but that's because he's an asshole

You know klopp is good enough and will get us europe eventually, will Rodgers? So why is he not a risk but say amorim is? Because Rodgers knows the PL? I don't buy that

9 minutes ago, bojong said:

I'd definitely take Emery and I'm not saying he was bad at Arsenal, but the talk that it was impossible situation for him to succeed stepping into Wenger's shoes is a bit false narrative. It wasn't like Moyes at ManU after Ferguson won and retired. Wenger's Arsenal had underperformed for a couple of years.

Some parts of the fanbase thought Wenger held them back when he was probably the reason they got to top 4 so often so was a difficult job. Also he had players he probably didn't want 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rodgers is on the slow decline imo, he's peaked and his career trajectory is downwards, he's gone a bit stale

Add to that because of the lack of investment Leicester are a demotivated squad that he can't get a tune out of, they're better than bottom of the league but where does he have them?

Sounds familiar 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think Leicester still will finish in the top half which is what we are so desperate for.

20 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

The mole is extremely credible! 

Urgh! Must be Purslow, cant see the owners on board with this! I don't want anyone with ties to Liverpool, ex manager of plop, no thanks! What next Roy Hodgson?! 

28 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Translation -

Mauricio Pocchetino, the eternal candidate for the Real Madrid bench, will be the new coach of Aston Villa

So it is an Catalonian source and Pochettino lived for a long time there. It is happening?

I think there's a lot of recency bias going on with Rodgers because of Leicester's recent bad form, in fact since Gerrard was appoint Villa manager in the same number of games, The Foxes have only taken one more point than us.

But overall in his career he's been a very good manager, two top five finishes with Leicester, and a FA Cup win, even last season they still finished eighth, which by Leicester's standards is still a good season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an scenario where people turn their noses up at Rodgers then fast forward a year or so and he's doing well eslewhere and we look back and wonder why, he's a good manager, he will go somewhere and do well, wouldn't be my first choice but would be far from disappointed with also.

All that said that 'Villamole' twitter account isn't realiable at all, been caught out making things up on many occasions, so I wouldn't believe that we want Rodgers based on their say so.

• Like 1

I said in the other thread that I know next to nothing about the Sporting boss so this isn’t a criticism, but the size of the buyout clause is interesting. 

Of course this could be negotiated but if you triggering a world record clause I’m guessing that the bloke is probably wanting a salary that represents that, it’s a huge investment. 

So when you do the maths you could probably make Poch the best paid manager in the world and save money. As well as getting someone with a better CV who has experience in the PL. 

Edited by av1