Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

14 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If every manager said no I’d take Dyche as a last attempt on a 1 year contract. As a top 3 choice though? No.

If every Manager said no, it would indicate we should have deeper concerns about the club.

Luckily, they won't.

• Like 1

If it turns out to be Dyche (which I wouldn't be surprised with) it will be interesting when he meets up with McGinn...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/john-mcginn-aston-villa-scotland-24118714

Dyche was claimed to have told McGinn: “So you've been in the Premier League for one season and you think you're proper big time, telling me to ‘shut up?'." The Villa midfielder apparently responded with: "You've been in the league six seasons and you are still wearing the same s--- coat you big p---."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

If it turns out to be Dyche (which I wouldn't be surprised with) it will be interesting when he meets up with McGinn...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/john-mcginn-aston-villa-scotland-24118714

I'd say Dyche will wear the coat on his first day meeting the players to laugh it off. He's a good man manager like Deano was

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Dyche becomes the choice when all the others reject us. Poch, Amorim, Emery, Frank and Rodgers would all have rejected us before we would go for Dyche.

I still think right now with this team he would be like Howe or a Moyes, very meh to the us supporters but surprised everyone. 

I'd rather we went complete unknown if that was the case, take the risk, time for lange to earn his wage and unearth the next superstar manager

For me we either pull off a massive stretch with someone like poch or we take the risk with a top European manager who none of us really know that much about, its a no for Dyche, Rafa, Rodgers, even Frank those known entities that will make us better but still won't make us good enough

• Like 1

My biggest concern is getting relegated and shouldn't be taken lightly when appointing somebody.  If we turn up tomorrow and wipe the floor with Brentford I'd feel more comfortable that we will be fine and accept a slightly riskier manager like Amorim but we look so short of confidence and output from the attacking players that I think we will be a bit shit for a while so Dyche for 6 months I'd be fine with.  Then we might have more choice or Dyche might even outdo expectations.

Edit: same for Rafa

Edited by sharkyvilla

42 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Dyche has rejected an offer from Bournemouth..

Which is odd because it is a potentially good opportunity for him.. 

I think that he is holding out for this job.

I also think that we are interested, mainly because of what West Ham have achieved with a pragmatic manager..

Dyche with a budget would make us extremely difficult at Villa park.

I would also say that Burnley had an extremely low budget and brought players of a specific identity.

In your fifth sentence did you omit " to watch" in error?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Villarcana said:

Cooper in!!!

seriously though, No Dyche, no Coopers, no English nothing, 

I want sexy, I want foreign and I want charisma. Also some coaching ability would be great

Gotta be the man

34-13-1200x800.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd rather we went complete unknown if that was the case, take the risk, time for lange to earn his wage and unearth the next superstar manager

For me we either pull off a massive stretch with someone like poch or we take the risk with a top European manager who none of us really know that much about, its a no for Dyche, Rafa, Rodgers, even Frank those known entities that will make us better but still won't make us good enough

That is not what anyone would do if they were owners of the club. 

I think we probably have a list of A choice managers. It may be that some or all of the potential managers that are on that list, won't want to join us. We will then need to turn to other names, those may or may not include Rodgers and Dyche. They might not be our first choices or the clubs, but if our first choices don't want to join us in our current situation, then we will have to look at other managers. If we do appoint someone like that they will need our support to try to turn the club's results around, whether or not they would have been our own choice.

Sadly it is not simply a case of selecting the manager that we want, he also needs to be prepared to join us. If we don't get to appoint the calibre of manager that we would prefer, it may not be the club's fault. That said, I'm hoping for an  image.jpeg.b6e3f890ad92300d798ed69273520df6.jpeg type appointment.