Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Dyche has rejected an offer from Bournemouth..

Which is odd because it is a potentially good opportunity for him.. 

I think that he is holding out for this job.

I also think that we are interested, mainly because of what West Ham have achieved with a pragmatic manager..

Dyche with a budget would make us extremely difficult at Villa park.

I would also say that Burnley had an extremely low budget and brought players of a specific identity.

• Haha 1

Of the current " contenders "

Emery obviously ticks all the boxes for experience, exciting football, European Pedigree, PL Experience etc.

Would be the safe and smart option.

Amorim would be the " F*ck it let's do this without a parachute " thrill-seeking option where you leave your fate up to the gods.

You just have to calculate that risk.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

You really think Dyche is the level of manager we should be looking at? It just baffles me that’s what some may think we should be looking at.  A sacked Burnley manager who played hoof football.  Great he did well for a small club on a small budget but we arent that.

A manager who took little old Burnley from nowhere into Europe.

You don’t think the level of manager is someone who massively over achieves what he has to work with? 

Every manager has been sacked so that point is a non- starter. 

Dyche sends all the wrong signals about the club's ambitions. He's a good manager, but he's a very particular type of manager, and not one that a club with ambitions and finances like ours should have.

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Of the current " contenders "

Emery obviously ticks all the boxes for experience, exciting football, European Pedigree, PL Experience etc.

Would be the safe and smart option.

Amorim would be the " F*ck it let's do this without a parachute " thrill-seeking option where you leave your fate up to the gods.

You just have to calculate that risk.

If we weren’t so close to the relegation zone then a big gamble could be an option. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You really think Dyche is the level of manager we should be looking at? It just baffles me that’s what some may think we should be looking at.  A sacked Burnley manager who played hoof football.  Great he did well for a small club on a small budget but we arent that.

Exactly. Dyche would be a good shout for a club like the Baggies, but not for us.

We need a progressive coach with a clear footballing philosophy. Someone that can improve the players in the squad and add modern coaching techniques to the world class facilities at Bodymoor Heath.

I keep reading that Dyche only played pragmatic, dour, direct, defensive, proper-football-man football, due to him having to work with what he’d got at Burnley. 

He was there for ten years! 

If he wanted to play a more attractive style of football, he could have do so in that time. Burnley had years of premier league income, they weren’t exactly skint. 

How do we know that given a bigger budget he would be able to produce a style of winning football with Villa? We don’t know he wouldn’t, but there aren’t many clues that make it seem likely.

• Like 3

I don’t get the “Dyche” sends the wrong signals at all. 

Who cares about the signals? He’s a quality, British manager who has bags of experience in the PL taking a club well beyond they had any right to be.

What is this “signals” nonsense about? 

Potter had a low budget at all his  clubs except Chelsea and all his teams plays front foot, exciting football.

Idea of Dyche suddenly playing attacking football with more money is rubbish.

Hopefully board stays clear.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

A manager who took little old Burnley from nowhere into Europe.

You don’t think the level of manager is someone who massively over achieves what he has to work with? 

Every manager has been sacked so that point is a non- starter. 

I don’t think he’s the level we hold be looking at, No.  I think the fans wouldn’t be happy either.  It just sends out the wrong signals and a poor appointment and Chindie covers most of in his comment

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Dyche sends all the wrong signals about the club's ambitions. He's a good manager, but he's a very particular type of manager, and not one that a club with ambitions and finances like ours should have.

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

completely agree, and would say the same about Rodgers as well

You can say it about anybody. Nobody would be universally accepted. 

SAF could offer to do the job for free and there would be complaints.

People like Roberto Martinez at Wigan and Brenda when he was managing Swansea in the Championship had teams playing good football on a shoestring budget, so it's not about the resources Dyche had at Burnley. 

It's a choice, to play that way. He believes in it. Give him more money and he'd just have more expensive players playing that system. 

And it's a style that never evolved (unlike Moyes in his latter years at Everton). 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

100% this

Fans won't take to him, he won't get the buzz going around the place again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I find Dyche quite embarrassing.

Wants to be a man's man all the time and plays up to it. Pisses around in press conferences trying to get any cheap laughs. Wanted to avoid using "cringe", but it is the most appropriate word for him.

He appeared on the Keys and Gray podcast and joined in with their faux mocking of modern football as well. Anyone like that is a no-no for me.

“Dychey” is a hero to Keys. 

• Sad 1