Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Emery would be great but I don’t see him dropping to us. Same for Poch.

Realistically I think it’s either Dyche or Rodgers and i’d be ok with either.

Dyche or Rodgers would stabilise us in the top half I believe. 

I think Emery would like to try Premier League again and he is at Villareal now. Will he leave for us though. Hope so.

15 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

No thanks. You would like someone who in your own words would be 'ok'? Can't wait!

I’d rather go and get Deano back than go for Sean f***ing Dyche!

FFS.

I might die from watching that dross.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

The biggest problem with Dyche, short term or not, is I think he'd be another one that immediately divides the fans

Yeah, not what we need after Gerrard.

I don’t think there is any chance NSWE are looking at him as a possibility.

17 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Currently sitting on a sunbed in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote so haven't been on much this last few weeks....

Reading this thread I just wanted to say No to Brendan Rodgers...I can't stand the guy!

Yes to Rúben Amorim.

Can you bring Poch on your way back?

Cheers 👍

So if we don’t get Emery, and Amorim is considered too much of a risk and too expensive.

Or options are the manager who’s currently bottom of the league, or the manager who got sacked last season because his team were second bottom.

Exactly!

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

So our fans are desperate for Villa to throw €30m at a 37 year old manager from a minor league with just 3 years managerial experience… seriously? 
That’s the most Villa fan thing ever :lol: 

Definite no to all the experienced PL managers too. Brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The biggest problem with Dyche, short term or not, is I think he'd be another one that immediately divides the fans

Shouldn’t be divided, should all just stop showing up!

Anyway, can we move on please? 😁

🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

So our fans are desperate for Villa to throw €30m at a 37 year old manager from a minor league with just 3 years managerial experience… seriously? 
That’s the most Villa fan thing ever :lol: 

Definite no to all the experienced PL managers too. Brilliant.

To be fair, I’d rather that than go for a manager that has already failed in the prem with better teams, or teams that have just drifted before the inevitable happens and they eventually drop down. And yep, that means id rather Amorim over Poch right now. However, that isn’t to say I’d be disappointed in the appointment of Poch, I’m just keen for us to try someone different. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Such as?

You really think Dyche is the level of manager we should be looking at? It just baffles me that’s what some may think we should be looking at.  A sacked Burnley manager who played hoof football.  Great he did well for a small club on a small budget but we arent that.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So if we don’t get Emery, and Amorim is considered too much of a risk and too expensive.

Or options are the manager who’s currently bottom of the league, or the manager who got sacked last season because his team were second bottom.

Yes. In the entire world of football there are only those two to pick from. No other options.

• Thanks 1