Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Think I'm in the Unai Emery boat aswell. 

For a long time we've never had a really decent manager. Emery has won the Europa league 3 times that's crazy success. 

Feels like all clubs around us has at one point punched above there weight when it comes to managerial appointments but we never have. If he comes this is surely our time. 

• Like 1

Just don't see the owners going for Rogers. Think they want a statement hiring and hiring a manager that is largely failing at a different club isn't the type of statement they'd want to make. Though, if we did hire him I think he'd be good for a couple of years.

FFS.Can we get a manager that has done that and been there in the PL,not a manager that is going to Try to get there,although I think S.Dyche would be ok because a lesser manager would have got Burnley relegated years ago

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Just don't see the owners going for Rogers. Think they want a statement hiring and hiring a manager that is largely failing at a different club isn't the type of statement they'd want to make. Though, if we did hire him I think he'd be good for a couple of years.

And how exactly is Amorim a statement signing?

Relatively unknown and kinda similar to Gerrard in that he has won in a subpar league.

Rodgers is PL proven.

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

FFS.Can we get a manager that has done that and been there in the PL,not a manager that is going to Try to get there,although I think S.Dyche would be ok because a lesser manager would have got Burnley relegated years ago

No thanks. You would like someone who in your own words would be 'ok'? Can't wait!

I'll be honest, I've always been in the Emery boat, I think he's exactly what we need but might be very difficult to get him right now, which makes me very sad. Amorim though, I'm crazy excited about and could be just the ticket to transform us from also rans into a club that could turn heads, like when Les McQueen would walk into the public loo's and would cause heads to turn.

I'm in team Emery and Amorim. Either's fine...

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Absolute rubbish! I wasn’t a fan of Garde but in terms of him he was nothing like Gerrard in terms of up and coming profile

I meant in terms of what the three have achieved as managers. I’m not shooting Garde down because at the time I was curious by him. It’s not Garde’s fault that he got a handed a poison squad, but if we look at the three managers and what they have achieved. There’s not much in it between Gerrard and Garde in comparison to Amorim who already has 3 trophies to his name in his young career. 

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Amorim looks to have a hell of a ceiling and could well be one of the next best managers out there, so this could the only chance we have of getting someone of that ilk (as already mentioned) but I'm not a big risk-taker. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

No thanks. You would like someone who in your own words would be 'ok'? Can't wait!

I know Dyche has not been there,but surely he must be the most experianced PL manager and if you compare the resources of us and Burnley,he may just be able to achieve something great.He has already proved that he can handle players.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Think I'm in the Unai Emery boat aswell. 

For a long time we've never had a really decent manager. Emery has won the Europa league 3 times that's crazy success. 

Feels like all clubs around us has at one point punched above there weight when it comes to managerial appointments but we never have. If he comes this is surely our time. 

Emery is probably the safest choice. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

You’re viewing all this through the prism of said squad being managed by Steven Gerrard, and a brief period when Dean Smith was integrating a load of new signings.

What is the relevance of McGinn to the squad quality? He’s only captain & playing regularly because of Gerrard.

The squad is good.

At best it's bang average. It is not good. It's mostly players who were here for years when we was average.