Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We have zero evidence of this btw. Just the same ITK's who were telling us Gerrard was not going to be sacked till at least the world cup.

Every name is in play right now till we hear from the managers concerned that they are ruling themselves out.

They won't rule themselves out publicly, why would they? A couple of credible reporters (Ornstein, Law) have written Pochettino was approached and said no, that's enough for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Guys, I hate to put a dampener on things but at 37 years old, Amorim would be the first Villa manager that’s younger than me.

I’m sure he has many good qualities, but I’m not ready for that stage of my life yet, so it’s a no from me.

Mate he’s 4 years younger than me too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Comparing win rates of a manager with Burnley's funds in the richest league in the world and someone in Portugal (...or Scotland for that matter) is really really really pointless and stupid 

Sorry Sir.

Can we compare their Champions league win percentage which is the real richest league in the world? Oh sorry Dyche don't have one 

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

They won't rule themselves out publicly, why would they? A couple of credible reporters (Ornstein, Law) have written Pochettino was approached and said no, that's enough for me. 

Its not good enough for me. We will find out soon tho!

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We couldn’t convince Poch
We couldn’t convince Tuchel
If we can’t convince Emery
Then for me it Amorim, and My mind cannot be changed regardless of what people think of the Portuguese league.

I think this is accurate. A lot of weight to put on the shoulders of archer. If Watkins suddenly and magically becomes clinical, then we are gold. In his relatively brief time as a manager, Amorim built from the back, with defense prioritised. I do think your vision is correct, but damn, that’s a huge risk in our current situation. I think it’s brilliant — and reckless.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Talking about Amorim results in the Champions League which of course is much better experience than the PL.

-Impressive Draw against Pep's Man City at Etihad Stadium
-Beat Dortmund 4-0
-Beat the Europa League Champions Frankfurt 3-0 (After selling 110 Million of their best players)
-Beat Spurs 2-0 ( (After selling 110 Million of their best players)
image.png

Edited by messi11
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Right but the original argument was the quality of the French league compared to Portuguese league. Take PSG out, and Lyon, Monaco and Marseille are no better than Benfica, Porto and Sporting.

Sure - but Rennes, Lille, Nice, Montpellier etc. are better than Boavista, Casa Pia, Estoril Praia, Chaves etc.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Talking about Amorim results in the Champions League which of course is much better experience than the PL.

-Beat Dortmund 4-0
-Beat the Europa League Champions Frankfurt 3-0 (After selling 110 Million of their best players)
image.png

Why have you edited out their most recent results?  :crylaugh: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Talking about Amorim results in the Champions League which of course is much better experience then the PL.

-Beat Dortmund 4-0
image.png

thanks...impressive stats no doubt

btw....you need to change your signature....to Gerrards gone, Amorim in 😉😀

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Got make Amorim look good 🤣

Fair play :D

For what it's worth, I enjoy those kind of gambles.  Amorim would be a massive gamble, especially so soon after our last massive gamble failed.

• Like 1