Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

11 points off Benfica already kinda growing you ? We have the most deluded fanbase. Mauricio Pochetttino. Say that out loud. Does Gallardo even have a passport - never knew he leaves Argentina. Emery is a good call. And might be attainable. 

Delusional is thinking Dyche will be a good bet to receive the 4th highest salary in the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

11 points off Benfica already kinda growing you ? We have the most deluded fanbase. Mauricio Pochetttino. Say that out loud. Does Gallardo even have a passport - never knew he leaves Argentina. Emery is a good call. And might be attainable. 

Well its 9 but also Benfica have had the greatest start im club history

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Most leagues only have 2 or 3 candidates, but Italy? Come on. Milan won last season, Inter the season before. Juventus are always candidates. Napoli are currently frontrunners and favourites. Atalanta are outsiders. Roma and even Udinese will challenge for the European places.

I would be delighted with three or four managers from Serie A who have done well in the last couple of seasons (and not just from the Milan or Juve).  I also wouldn't rule out hiring a manager who won the title with Juve, Milan or Inter just because they are (realistically) the three favourites for the title.

7 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Experience is a funny one. Southampton got rid of Adkins and hired an “inexperienced” manager in Poch from Espanyol… I don’t think it means as much people here think it does. If the manager has the talent it would shine regardless.

Gregory  arguably another example. Remember being totally  underwhelmed when he was appointed,  but then nearly got us  into Europe that same season. Mind you, he did know the set up and the club well already

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Congrats to you you've looked at the Portuguese league table! and can count! Amazing.

But you need to look at the context so you've failed. Sporting team has been ripped apart since winning the title and coming 2nd last season to Porto.  
They sold £110 million worth of players in the summer, including Nunes to Wolves and Joao Palhinha to Fulham!
They keep rebuilding and just impressive they can still challenge and beat Spurs in the champions league.
Also finished ahead of the hyped Benfica side twice in a row now

Who is your choice? Steve Bruce? Dyche? Beale?

12 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Interesting fact:

Thomas Tuchel had a higher win percentage at Dortmund than Jurgen Klopp: 62% versus 61%.

His win percentage at Chelsea was 60% compared with Lampard's 52%.

Bo svensson has a better win record for Mainz than both Tuchel and Klopp … 

We need a separate thread on here for the people who think like the below:

Foreigner + No PL Experience = Garde 2.0/Poor Choice

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Gregory  arguably another example. Remember being totally  underwhelmed when he was appointed,  but then nearly got us  into Europe that same season. Mind you, he did know the set up and the club well already

He didn’t nearly do it, he did do it :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the problem with a club like ours is -- we won't be able to attract the top of the top for names. And the second tier has reportedly turned us down in Tuchel & Poch. Now, do we try and poach another PL manager like Frank or Rodgers? I would not be that excited about Rodgers with his current situation, and i have massive reservations on Frank but am not as sour on him. I definitely would be extremely interested in Emery because everywhere he's gone, he's won stuff (except Arsenal and yet he had them in a Europa League final). I really like Amorim and think he would be awesome. A tad surprised that there aren't links with Conceição as well if we are going down the portugal route. 

Edit: would definitely like a look at Gallardo as well
Edited by Villaphan04
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

So I’ve seen the following mentioned:

Poch, Tuchel, Frank, Rodgers, Dyche, Emrey, Gallardo, Amorim, AVB, Beale

Anybody else? Often is a left field / unlinked manager who gets the job. 

Steve Cooper: Incoming. 

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

Why would Amorim turn down Wolverhampton but then join us? There's plenty of fellow countrymen there for him to work with after all.

Have you ever been to Wolverhampton?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

They will all at some point move onto a top club, but then it’s too late for us to get them. We can either get someone boring and safe, that still could go wrong, or we go for someone up and coming.

Nail on head. Hire Dyche for safe mid table, or someone like Amorim/Gallardo who is touted to be the next super coach before they become a super coach.

6 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I laughed when Sky mentioned Benitez this morning that could be an option….errrr No!

8 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I can see the Kasper Hjulmund link coming back but think he will fancy a crack at winning the World Cup