Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Re Amorim this bit is an attractive proposition Sporting have always produced cracking homegrown talent:

On the other end of the spectrum, there is a steady feed of promising young talents who have taken the leap from Sporting’s Alcochete academy to the first team. Tiago Tomás (18) has played a vital role in attack for the Lions this season, whilst Daniel Bragança (21) is finally breaking through at the first team level after a loan spell at Estoril. The likes of Jovane Cabral (22), Luís Maximiano (22) and Eduardo Quaresma (19) haven’t enjoyed as many opportunities as last season but are still considered valuable assets in the long term.

https://breakingthelines.com/tactical-analysis/tactical-analysis-ruben-amorims-sporting/

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

You are more than welcome to take the smarmy little creep but you will regret it in a couple of years.. 

As an outsider looking in, he seems to have done well for Leicester. An FA cup win is not to be sniffed at, many on here would give their right arm to win that one.

It looks like he is starting to get results now this season, so I think Leicester will start to climb the table now.

14 minutes ago, allani said:

Can you name a league in Europe in which a team outside the top 2 or 3 can possibly win the league.  Germany - no.  France - no. Spain - no. Italy - no.  England - no (and don't reply with Leicester as that was a complete freak of a season that is highly unlikely to ever happen again). 

Most leagues only have 2 or 3 candidates, but Italy? Come on. Milan won last season, Inter the season before. Juventus are always candidates. Napoli are currently frontrunners and favourites. Atalanta are outsiders. Roma and even Udinese will challenge for the European places.

7 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah I would take Rodger’s, he wouldn’t be my number 1 choice but he would be a massive upgrade on what we had. We might look like we know what to do with a football again with him in charge.

This DOES remind me of my thinking back in the 80s, when I had hair, and the pub was closed, so I went out to the club, and pretty much after getting rejected by anyone I was interested in, I'd have a few more drinks, and suddenly, voila, Rodgers seems like a good idea.  Speaking of the late 80s and bad ideas ...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

You are more than welcome to take the smarmy little creep but you will regret it in a couple of years.. 

or a couple of minutes.

• Like 2

The top choices must be Pochettino or Emery, because they are top level manager with experience from premier league. Could have included Tuchel, but It seems like he want a break before his next job.

If Pochettino and Emery isn’t coming, we could pick one of Amorim, Svensson, Iraola or other in the category up and coming top level managers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Convinced me he is not the right man for the job,. I have been a Rodgers guy for a while but this is a common comment from Leicester fans. We would be foolish to ignore their experience. We didnt listen to Rangers fans and look where that got us.

43 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Gabby Agbonlahor odds have shorted, hes now 2/1 to be the next Villa Manager

And yet there you are, Gabriel, sat in a talksport studio whilst he is ripping it up as a coach.

I saw the same when I did my graphic design course at Solihull Tech and there were some right god awful would be designers in that. They'll let you on the course, but the cream does rise to the top.

By the way I've been a graphic and now web designer fr 32 years since I left college, before the Gabby analogies start coming in yer gits!

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Can't believe anyone would seriously back Amorim -- he's even less experienced than Gerrard was when he came to Villa. Jesus, no. Why take that risk?

I'll take talent and ability over experience any day. The Gerrard appointment was a case of neither and his only back up fecked off this summer to QPR

• Thanks 1

No to unproven Portuguese league managers,

no to Rodgers who literally scorned us for sacking Gerrard, not sure he'd want to replace him.

Dyche. Played to the strengths of Burnley , did what he had to do, Scary voice, not sure what would happen if he had a budget and better players, a very meh appointment.

Poch, yes please, we need a manager who knows how to use flair players. Probably unattainable now we are in a terrible league position, should have acted sooner.

Emery. I said it from months ago, mans a genius, Loves managing villas, we would win the UEFA cup every year.

Villas Boas, erm failure journey man coach

Anyway whatever happens, Im buzzing for Brentford game, literally feels like we can get behind the boys again fully without worrying if it will keep Gerrard here. We have a fresh start, I think we will come out with freedom and smash Brentford 4-0 Watkins , Sanson, Traore, Archer

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

He prefers 3-4-3, which could be interesting, but ideologically very defensive game plans at Sporting.  I see no end to the goals drought under Amorim. 

Thanks mate. Maybe he isn’t the one, but I don’t even really mind a defensive approach if the plan is clear. Jose is probably a great example of that. Not one for the purest but there was a clear identity that not only won him (his team)  stuff, I’d argue it’s an approach that is still embedded in the Chelsea DNA. Apart from the results, the one thing I hated about the last 12 months is that there was no plan, I still can’t explain it. 

Edited by av1

Just now, KMitch said:

I would be shocked if we went with someone as inexperienced as Amorim after Gerrard's disastrous appointment.  Especially with a buy out clause between 10 and 30 million...

Lack of experience isn't a huge issue if you're talented. 

Gerrard was not. 

• Like 1