Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Some snippits from and Article in the Athletic regarding Amorim:

Also important to him is the ability to give clear and simple instructions that make sense to his players. Some coaches might overcomplicate the game but Amorim would rather give simple instructions that are fully understood than complex instructions that are half-grasped.

“Ruben is a coach that brings everyone together,” says Meneses. “From the players, administration, staff, everyone ‘buys into’ your idea. This is key to creating a winning mindset. He has a very strong personality but, at the same time, it does not fracture the group. With his strong leadership, he manages to unite and aggregate. He is very smart in human relationships and communication. These are Ruben’s strengths as a coach.”

He already sounds like an upgrade on Gerrard in the man management side of things, nevermind the tactical side.

Exactly this was said by Gerrard when he came in.

Then parroted by Mings and Watkins among others. 

I'm anxious about us getting in a big name personality, we need someone that unifies the team and gets people on board, the last thing we need is someone throwing their weight around and making rash decisions. Perhaps a boring technocratic style manager is what we need!

I think there was always a risk in getting our heads in the clouds thinking about Poch and Tuchel. Anyone else looks amateur compared to those, but this is the market we’re shopping in. 

We can go experienced - your Dyches, Rodgers and perhaps AVBs of the world - or we go ‘up and coming’. 

To a certain degree ‘up and coming’ is what we’ve gone for in recent years. It worked with Deano. It didn’t work with Gerrard, but can we say he was employed as an ‘up and comer’, or rather a ‘mate of Purslow’?

Look at those names. Pochettino, came into this league via Southampton taking a punt on an ‘up and comer’. Why can’t we find one?

Nothing is a given though. Watford can attest to that! 

If we’re going ‘big’ and experienced’ but realistic, I’ve made no secret about my love for Emery. But I’d also be happy with AVB. 

17 minutes ago, WHY said:

We need a manger who lives football, it has to be their obsession. You can see the likes of Klopp, Pep and Arteta are obsessed by the game.

You and I my man share the same vision… that’s exactly what we need but what we may not get 

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I'm anxious about us getting in a big name personality, we need someone that unifies the team and gets people on board, the last thing we need is someone throwing their weight around and making rash decisions. Perhaps a boring technocratic style manager is what we need!

Feel like this is a subliminal diss toward tuchel 🤣 nah joking 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Some snippits from and Article in the Athletic regarding Amorim:

Also important to him is the ability to give clear and simple instructions that make sense to his players. Some coaches might overcomplicate the game but Amorim would rather give simple instructions that are fully understood than complex instructions that are half-grasped.

“Ruben is a coach that brings everyone together,” says Meneses. “From the players, administration, staff, everyone ‘buys into’ your idea. This is key to creating a winning mindset. He has a very strong personality but, at the same time, it does not fracture the group. With his strong leadership, he manages to unite and aggregate. He is very smart in human relationships and communication. These are Ruben’s strengths as a coach.”

He already sounds like an upgrade on Gerrard in the man management side of things, nevermind the tactical side.

I think man management is so incredibly important, especially now a days when you have distractions like social media etc.

It's something Gerrard was so clearly lacking in. Amorim seems to have the tactical knowledge and man management skills.

It would be a risky but very intriguing appointment.

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Feel like this is a subliminal diss toward tuchel 🤣 nah joking 

hah, no disrespect to tuchel at all, if he would come here he would deliver for us without doubt. But i do think, from a chelsea mate of mine, he did have a tendency to sulk and adopt the 'silent treatment' with players, he also had favourities and left some good players out in the cold like pulisic. Inevitably with these top coaches you are going to have strong convictions and big personalities, sometimes they work and other times they don't, often they can deliver for a period of time before it falls apart though!

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

And that’s a bad thing?

Yes and no, imagine if we start performing and climbing up into the top half and in January Purslow decides to sign a player that AVB didn't want lol. I can only imagine what he'd say. Obviously this a complete hypothetical situation but I would a situation like that to happen with us!

5 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I always thought AVB was a bit shit. Reminds me of Di Matteo - got a couple of gigs where talented players carried him.

Having never heard of Amorim until a few hours ago, I approve of his touchline fashion vibes, so it's a yes from me.

Not totally agreeing there. He was gypped a bit at Spurs. They were seventh when he got sacked, and topping their europa league group. He also had large scale clearouts which included the acquisition of one Christian Eriksen, and getting rid of Scott Parker, so that's one tick.

18 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think I’d be pleased with AVB?

I've had an immature wish for us to sign David Villa and AVB for probably more than a decade!

The former might OBS be a bit past it though

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

The encouraging thing is, despite some tough on paper fixtures coming up, with a new manager the opposition won't know what to expect from a Villa or how to set up against us. Under Steven Gerrabruce we were predictable. And slow. Dull. Dull and slow. And predictable.